Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > Feedback

Feedback Have an idea or suggestion to make this forum better? Put it out there in the open so the Blue Bird community can talk about it.

Site Search:

Old 12-03-2015
Forum owner

Tom stacked hay bails around his coach to keep the cold air from blowing under it,i remember that.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-03-2015
Alice in Wanderlodge

Winter bird living indeed! I know its not for everybody, but I'm a brave lady who can be resourceful and I absolutely love the four seasons. I got to thinking after spending too much time internet researching on the topic, that something more concise for winter preparing the systems wanderlodges have, could be an enhancement here. !?!
I'm not encouraging folks to winter bird, safety first, though I'm sure some already do! If not a sub-forum, perhaps a check list with related resource links to help folks troubleshoot and inspire for winter adventures. This is just my two cents and something I think would be nice to work on here with other wander folks.
Old 12-03-2015

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=15246
Elizabeth, check out this thread. Mark spent the winter in his 'bird in NJ. I think he has sold his place in NJ and headed south - that should tell you something. I remember some who stayed in the cold who built an airlock outside the door so they didn't let all the heat out and drag all the snow and mud in. Just something to think about if you're not planning on moving all winter. You're going to need a big gas bottle, too!
Old 12-04-2015

Default GFCI Outlets for Heat Tape

I know it has been advised to not use the heat tape installed on our coaches as it is getting old and is prone to shorting out and causing FIRES.... but I like to use the bus in the winter from time to time. I also do not want a busted pipe so I have used them occasionally. A guy by the name of Christian who used to be active on the forum, an electrician, recommended using a GFCI outlet to plug the heat tape into. If you don't want to change out the electrical outlet to s GFCI you can buy a plug in GFCI's fairly cheap.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...C15C=525480268

It is not fool proof but it takes some of the risk out. My vintage coach does not have bay heating and there is an outside water spigot next to the propane tank that needs heat tape on it. Not a bad idea on the dump valves either but I usually get by with rock salt in the tanks.
Kansas, Il