Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 12-12-2018

I've looked at a couple of places like this - some places are super lax about it, but leave me with the feeling I would get hosed years after buying the place and moving in. Some places are so uptight about living on a commercial property (even if it has a real house that used to be lived in) they just flat outlaw it. Lots of weird rules that often go unenforced until someone decides to be a busybody.
Old 12-12-2018
Black Sheep Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Lots of weird rules that often go unenforced until someone decides to be a busybody.
Ain't that the truth! We ran into the same problem in Maryland. One nosy neighbor and the whole county gives you an anal exam. That's one of the nicest Blue Bird features: it has wheels! So we put wheels under the rest of the stuff we wanted and moved! I usually vote with my feet.

TOM
Old 12-12-2018

I know very little about this subject but I do know if you have restrictions on the deed or zoning you better understand how that will impact you. AND if the property changes hands this will some times open a can of worms. Gives the neighbors an opportunity to come out of the wood work with their grievances .

Enforcement is often not fair . If you come in from out of town and move in with your bus or what ever and the next door neighbor decides he or she doesn't like you or your dog or your what ever they can make it ugly. The new guy is at a disadvantage often.

Be careful get the "T"s crossed and the "i" dotted. GOOD LUCK hope it all works out for ya

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 12-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Did you verify what the zoning is?
Or if they even have zoning?
Or a comprehensive plan?
Some of these rural counties don't have any of that stuff.
Don't mention commercial zoning or property to anyone.
Its Ag. zoned,remember? remember? (don't make me slap you)!

Commercial taxes are higher,as are commercial rates for power.
This is stuff you will have to pay forever,why pay more?

Yes Randy, it's zoned as AG. She will split the power before it changes hands so it doesn't fall under Commercial power and stays AG. That will save us. She has her new house a stones throw from this building so I don't want to do any nasty negotiations with her. Another WOG member said he knows a real estate attorney up there and will put me in tough with them to draw up the contract. Going to talk to the bank today. Will need a short term loan to close it until I retire and can pay it off.

The area is off of a PRIVATE road that has city water and is near a military base. They have an understanding that what happens on the road, stays on that road. She was picky about who she sold the property to because she didn't want Sanford and Son moving in, devaluing her new development that is next door. I have mobile home neighbors on 3 sides of the property. I do wish I had more land, but this is AG and it's what we want for a building in a town I want and in my price range, so it's as perfect as I can find. We are not looking to run a business out of it, at least not initially. He is running a race shop out of it, so it can be done. This is small town, so they are a little more lax in their requirements.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 12-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
I've looked at a couple of places like this - some places are super lax about it, but leave me with the feeling I would get hosed years after buying the place and moving in. Some places are so uptight about living on a commercial property (even if it has a real house that used to be lived in) they just flat outlaw it. Lots of weird rules that often go unenforced until someone decides to be a busybody.

No doubt! Been looking for the last 2 years all up and down the top part of FL and nothing has come even close, due to zoning or cost. The ones that were in my budget, needed far too much work, which then put them out of my budget. This one was built in 2011 and it like new inside. The rest we can do ourselves (Build a little residence inside).

Lee County, Florida

1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 12-12-2018

Well, it's not going smoothly. The bank does not like the fact that is doesn't have a residence on it and it won't let me get a land loan because there is a building on it. I also found out from the owner that she needs to use the sale of this property, to secure her financing for the new shop. In other words she wants to use our down payment as her down payment on her new build / shop. She is drafting up a contract. I am out no money at this point and will look that contract over carefully. She talks in circles and makes my head hurt. I wish I was dealing with a realtor from her end.

Lee County, Florida

1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 12-12-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgrl View Post
Well, it's not going smoothly. The bank does not like the fact that is doesn't have a residence on it and it won't let me get a land loan because there is a building on it. I also found out from the owner that she needs to use the sale of this property, to secure her financing for the new shop. In other words she wants to use our down payment as her down payment on her new build / shop. She is drafting up a contract. I am out no money at this point and will look that contract over carefully. She talks in circles and makes my head hurt. I wish I was dealing with a realtor from her end.
walk away.

This will not turn out well.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-12-2018

I just get the impression that she isn't ready or in a position to sell. His race season is over for now but starts back up in
April so he needs to be settled by then. She isn't in a rush to get the new power pole set up because it "works fine for her the way it is" and the same with the re-survey to add the 1/10 acre to keep it as an AG zoned property. she will have to do both of these items before she sells it to anyone but she is acting like it is our responsibility to make these changes because she doesn't need to. It will break my heart to go back to the drawing board and continue my search.

Lee County, Florida

1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 12-12-2018
Forum owner

You need to find some of that new Millennial Kool Aid.
Its called "growaset"

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-12-2018

Oh Randy, I am not agreeing to any of that. I am also trying my best not to be adversarial because we will be neighbors, if we buy the property. I will be using my best tact to work this deal, if she becomes a bit more reasonable.

Lee County, Florida

1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com