Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 11-24-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfedeli View Post
Winter Driving.... DON'T DO IT. If the roads are that bad, stay in the Wal Mart Parking lot an extra day.

It's like dating a pole dancer... just because you CAN... does not mean you SHOULD. It rarely ends well.
Shane is the Italian Confucius, he very wise man.

I mean really you could just check the weather report and try to avoid the ****** roads.

They look interesting, for sure.
Old 11-24-2019

They do not work and jurisdictions like BC will not accept them. When I drive long haul the safety officer told me: If the roads are bad enough to use chains get off the road and wait!!

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 11-24-2019

I know two guys that married pole dancers. One did good. The other I wont talk about here. Nice guys, both of them.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 11-25-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has looked at AutoSocks as a "emergency" snow chain replacement for going into the cold water areas of the US? I'm thinking I might head up to the ski slopes (since I discovered that many of them have RV parking- some even with power)]
This has been on my mind the past couple of years but been too worried to try it. Curious which ones you are thinking about. I like wolf ridge since its the nearest least busy but no way to get an RV near the lifts. Only one I think I remember with parking options was Appalachian. Never been there but the ones we have been to I don't think id want to take the bird to. Any slippery roads could be disastrous in a number places. Frozen water lines is a big concern too.
Old 11-25-2019

Yup I was thinking of heading to Appalachian Ski Mountain.
Funny thing is, I use to live 5 miles away from it and I worked a the ski school there for 3 seasons back in college. I also went to High School with members of the family that owns Appalachian (although I haven't seen/spoken to them in decades). ASM has a rather easy road in and the Boone/Blowing Rock area normally has pretty clear roads. If a big snow comes in it is normally cleared within 3-4 days. I only remember one New Year blizzard where everything was shut down for 7 days just because they don't clear the roads until the snow stops. /shrug. I just wanted the socks, just in case. Even when I lived there year around I only normally ran snow tires. I think I used chains twice out near Sugar Mountain/Beach Mountain where the roads are a little steeper.
1994 Wide Body #106048 "Going Galt"
bruce.griffin67@gmail.com
334-350-8564
Blue Bird Map