Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2020

Really? A cashiers check? I don't thing so, and if it were mine it would be a firm price.
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 02-20-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hohnstein View Post
Really? A cashiers check? I don't thing so, and if it were mine it would be a firm price.
Cashier's Check
I don't get your question or your comment. Have you not haggled the price after inspecting something first hand? Hard to assess the exact value from a phone call and a few photos.

Not looking to argue with you, either.

A few years ago I bought a car 6 hours from home on a Sunday (banks closed). Brought a cashier's check made out to the seller from Wells Fargo with cash in my pocket. Had I decided against purchase, I could return the check to my bank and redeposit the funds. We landed on a final price, I gave him the check and some of my cash. My wife drove one car and I the other.

More importantly... Good luck to Rhodekille. That looks like a sweet machine. PT38 is a great sized rig with the big 8V. Hopefully no chassis rust given its been in the snow. And that no one pulls the trigger before Rhode arrives on Saturday!
Ex-PT36
Old 02-20-2020

Billy
All good. I’m just trying to give as much as I take from this community. See you on the road someday soon.

Erwin
“LUCKY 27”
Old 02-20-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hohnstein View Post
I agree Mike. Cashier's checks and Certified checks may not be worth the paper they are printed on. One of my last cases I worked before retiring, and that was 20 years ago, was for some guy selling his $45K pickup truck to a couple of crooks. They showed up with the check, late on a Friday evening, before the banks closed. The guy took his check to the bank to get the lien released, they bank people wanted to get home and didn't bother to call the Fed. They released the lien and cashed the giving the truck owner the balance. It wasn't until the Fed returned the check to the bank that they knew anything was wrong. It was printed on a good printer and they used top grade paper, with water marks. It looked good.

I ended up finding out they pulled this all over northern Indiana and bought almost a half million dollars worth of stuff. I worked on it for about 4 days straight trying to get a lead on them and I got a call at about 3 a.m. telling me that the truck was found in Mishawaka, IN in possession of a guy that got arrested for shop lifting a pair of pants from a department store. I went up immediately and checked it out, interviewed the guy and he gave the rest of the clowns up. I got all the stuff back but the truck. You ask, "they got the truck when they caught him?" Yes they did. The police impounded it and they released the guy on bond the next morning, without asking me, because I would had put a hold on him, which they ignored. Anyway, the guy that bonded him out was the main guy, so they left the police department, and went to the impound lot, pulled a diversion and stole the truck again. This time it was recovered by the local sheriff's department that night, in a field burned to the frame. They wanted all prints destroyed. Anyway, before it was done I got them not only for forgery, theft, possession of stolen property but arson. It was just the icing on the cake for me

Anyway, bottom line, don't ever accept a certified or cashier's check until you take it to the bank and have them check it. The owner of the truck was threatened by the bank that they would sue to recover the money they gave him. He called me and I went to the bank and told them they were pretty much SOL because they accepted the check and they were the experts, with all the connections to the Fed to get the answers and they didn't bother to check with them, until it was too late. It seemed to me that they were the irresponsible ones to me. Besides if they wanted to sue someone I had the names of the guys that stole it and burned it and I even knew where they were living currently. Their current address was the St. Joseph County Jail. They ate the loss and the truck owner was happy. I doubt they wasted their time or money on suing the jailbirds.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 02-20-2020
FC Owner. Master of Bus Tetris.

great story.

Does anyone take bullion anymore?

-Dennis (direct email please! dennis@wanderlodgeowner.com)
Hesperia, California

1987 FC31 “A Rare Bird”
(300HP 3208TA/ZF)

1983 FC35SB
(225HP 3208T/MT643/Jacobs Retarder/Cruisair

Towables:
2006 Liberty CRD
Old 02-20-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB052686 View Post
great story.

Does anyone take bullion anymore?

All over Texas !
Old 02-20-2020

In the end... I guess you got to size up who you are dealing with...

I had the receipts from the bank. And could log in to my account and show the withdrawals. They can also be brought to the issuing bank to be verified, BTW.

Come to think of it, I bought the M380 from one of our WOG members in the same fashion (except no haggling and no cash) after a cross country one-way flight. I had the cashier's check drafted in California. Spence delivered in return a kick a$$ BB. I'm glad he trusted me!

If a cashier's check shows up in the mail and asks me to load up my car and send the signed pink slip .... I will think twice.

cheers,
Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 02-20-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeKille View Post
That'll be an interesting transaction at the bank....
Billy , Don't tell me Ca no longer accepts U.S Dollars ?

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 02-20-2020

Safe way is for both parties go to a bank and transfer funds there. I make it a point that I wont take cash outside of the bank or wont be carring cash to the sellers home. Bank of America is a good bank to have an account with for purchases. As a buyer, I have even walked into the sellers bank with cash when there was not a bank of america close by and pulled the cash out of my briefcase there .I try to stay away from wire transfers but when a buyer demands, they need to check into a motel six
Old 02-21-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Billy , Don't tell me Ca no longer accepts U.S Dollars ?
Al
The Millennials in the San Francisco Bay Area (NorCal) buy their morning coffee with the swipe of their Iphone. When you go to a BAR they will by one beer at at the bar with a credit card/debit card. Waiting in line for a beer while a bunch of kids are signing a credit card receipt for $8 is infuriating. If they need to borrow money from each other they Venmo it electronically. They literally walk around with no cash. Ive taught my sons the old school way "Cash is King". Their friends look at them like they are aliens when the pull cash from their pocket.

Good luck Billy
If you buy it you have to post a pic of you and the bus.

I think the Millennials call it a SELFIE?
“LUCKY 27”
Closed Thread