Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 07-29-2012

Default M450 Help

Hello All,

I am new to the forum, but a long time admirer of the Wanderlodge! We have been RVers for 30 plus years and have owned several motorhomes, including five diesel pushers, but have always wanted a Wanderlodge. Well, we are now looking at the purchase of a 2006 M450 - I like the older versions, but the boss says we have to have two slides in the living area to accomodate the grandkids and she always wins with that argument!

I am about to pull the trigger on the M450 and am aware of the front axle overloading issue and the recall, but I am confused as it seems there has been more than one "version" or "iteration" of the recall. What do I need to check to verify that is has the latest and greatest updates and can I still get them done or am I on my own?

Are there any other issues with the M450 I should be aware of and check out prior to putting my money where my mouth is? I think I read somwhere that only 57 of them were ever built, is that true? If so, it is not a lot of units to use as a data base, but any help as I make an evaluation is greatly appreciated.

Last question (at least for today) is where do I get service in the west? I am located in the Bay Area of the Peoples Republic of California and have not seen any discussion about service centers out here.

Thank you in advance for your help and I look forward to becoming part of your clan!
Old 07-30-2012

Dan,

Call Alan Barbee with the body number of the M450 you are purchasing. I don't want to post his cell so PM me if you need it. You will need the Body Number ( W000XXX where XXX is your coach) He will give you the recall information and the certified weights taken after the work was completed. Mine is well under the load rating and it is a wonderful coach. A used M450 with the recalls performed very well may be the best deal out there.

57 were made for private use, many more for commercial bus use.

The 500,000 mile test of the M4500 (commercial version) shows that this is truly a great platform.

Last edited by G_man; 07-30-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-30-2012

Dan, A-Z Bus in Sacramento is an authorized Bluebird service center that can preform chassis work on the M450. As far as house systems, you could take it to your favorite RV repair facility and put the tech in contact with someone like Johnny Anderson of Parliament Coach. For a fee, Johnny can talk your tech through most problems.
Old 07-30-2012

Default M450 Information

Rich and Robert,

I really appreciate the quick responses and the information. I will get right on the research and I hope to make this happen this week!

Thank you so much!
Old 10-18-2012

Are you now with a Bird?