Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 08-30-2012

Default bulk oil pressure switch

hi guys
my bulk oil pressure switch broke today...head separated from body...i may have pressure issue and I'll check but does anyone know pressure setting for this SW.? i assume its a open on pressure rise?? i replaced the pp vlv. already need some input about pressure setting not in my blue box. and pressure switch part number it ya know it...thanks
mike
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 08-30-2012

well i ordered a steward warner hobbs 5000 series switch adjustable psi... i think this will work as all i need is enough air pressure to push oil through meter and into engine well i think my old pressure protection valve was set at 60-65 psig so it could not have got any more pressure than that-if i remimber right that is we'll see if any of you come up with psi that sw, is set at....thanks mike
washington Il.
Old 08-31-2012
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmagoo View Post
hi guys
my bulk oil pressure switch broke today...head separated from body...i may have pressure issue and I'll check but does anyone know pressure setting for this SW.? i assume its a open on pressure rise?? i replaced the pp vlv. already need some input about pressure setting not in my blue box. and pressure switch part number it ya know it...thanks
mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by irmagoo View Post
well i ordered a steward warner hobbs 5000 series switch adjustable psi... i think this will work as all i need is enough air pressure to push oil through meter and into engine well i think my old pressure protection valve was set at 60-65 psig so it could not have got any more pressure than that-if i remimber right that is we'll see if any of you come up with psi that sw, is set at....thanks mike
Hi Mike,

I’m beginning to think you guys sit around the campfire with Randy and say let’s see if we can get Wyatt fired up about Pressure Protection Valves again.

The Pressure Protection Valve thing keeps popping up on the WOG and sometimes Bill Pape or I respond… sometimes we don't...

Contrary to what appears to be the popular opinion on the WOG, a 65 psi PPV does not limit the pressure on the output side of the PPV to 65 psi – if you have 120 psi on the input side of a 65 psi PPV you should have 120 psi on the output side of the PPV.

The name “Pressure Protection Valve” seems to be what confuses people. I think a better name for a “Pressure Protection Valve” would have been “Air Brake Protection Valve”.

The PPV in the line to your Bulk Oil tank is there to protect the Air Brake System – not the Bulk Oil system. Its job is to automatically close at 65 psi to maintain safe air brake pressure in the event of a loss of air due to a failure in the Bulk oil system.

Anyway to answer your question about the pressure switch, according to my chassis parts manual, it’s a Normally Open Williams Air WM777A “Stop Light Switch” (It closes at 2 to 6 psi on pressure rise).
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 08-31-2012

hi john
glad i could get you fired up-it will keep your blood pump'n!! thanks for the info...mike
washington Il.
Old 08-31-2012
Forum owner

John!
Would we do that?
I must say that in the trucking industry "most everyone thinks the PPV is a regulator".
My parts guy told me thats what it does,and i never had need to study it!
Its a good thing we have smart guys here to keep the old wives tales (or is it tails?) corrected!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
John!
Would we do that?
I must say that in the trucking industry "most everyone thinks the PPV is a regulator".
My parts guy told me thats what it does,and i never had need to study it!
Its a good thing we have smart guys here to keep the old wives tales (or is it tails?) corrected!
hi randy ,
normally i can builg a vary good camp fire but this time my wood was vary damp amd the flames were full of smoke!! so much so that i didn't ever see you setting over there scratchin sadies ears!!
smoke got in my eyes
i am sorry...i promise to do better next time!! let me say it again i'm only a expert in trainning- not even to the pre-apprintes stage....guess that go's for camp fires too!!! its all good!! i learn every day here on the forum and thanks to all that take the time to teach me
mike
washington Il.