Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory

Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory If you have a comment or a question about the Wanderlodge factory, ask them here.

Site Search:

Old 02-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteaeonix View Post
Slim,

Please don't misunderstand. I simply couldn't remember what the WOO group was called. (I was a paid member, but dropped it due to Internet overload.) I'm active on this forum and on the Yahoo group forum as well.

I'm not suggesting that there is competition -- only that it would be best for all of us (WL owners) if the various group's leaders might open a discussion among themselves to coordinate the actions of the various groups to avoid making any dumb mistakes...

The separation of the groups occurred for reasons I can't fathom -- I wasn't here and I wasn't involved. I've seen this occur in other communities (that I've been in at the time), so I know it happens -- and usually the separation has good reasons, when they occur. After time passes, membership turns over, then the separation becomes rather less understandable. But that's just how it is.

That's all. Not trying to create controversy where none exists.
Thanks Pete,

Everyone wants to do their part in helping anyway they can me included. I still have a lot to learn about the birds ...and without the help of the forums it would be a very slow process even with the mechanical skills we may have.

Randy ... you'd be my pick for point man..go for it..if I can help let me know.
Old 02-24-2009
davidmbrady

Same here Randy. You're the best person to be in contact with Macy. You have my complete trust.

On a different note, I've learned that Tom Warner has a Blue Bird Master Database CD set. The database contains all of the products that Bluebird made which includes Wanderlodge, transit buses, school buses and tour buses to name just a few. He's reluctant to post it due to copyright protection. Does anyone else have the CD set? Is anyone aware of copyright issues? I'd certainly have no problem posting it and making it available if it was in my possession.

Last edited by davidmbrady; 02-24-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-24-2009
ernie ekberg

Maybe this is a different note. A few years ago, I requested and received, from Bluebird, a Master mailing list of wanderlodge owners. i know this is a few years old, but could be worth its weight in gold. FYI
Old 02-24-2009
Forum owner

David,i think that disc was downloaded on this site a few months ago.
Ernie,is that the same list as the family of friends list?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-24-2009
davidmbrady

Randy,

Some of it landed here, but not the entire CD set. What we got were a set of User Manual and Service Manual pdf's, mostly for pre '97 coaches. Not originals either, scanned versions (decent quality scans, but not great). The complete Blue Bird Master Database CD set has engineering drawings, original pdf's in high quality, with part numbers. There's more to it, especially for the LXi, than what's been published so far.

Last edited by davidmbrady; 02-24-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2009
Forum owner

ahh,ok.
so tom,whats the holdup? the factory is closed!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-24-2009
ernie ekberg

The master list I have is almost 2 inches thick on the old computer paper. Does not list any family of friends, VB, et all
Old 02-25-2009
RV Appraiser

Default Chaper 7

I don’t know how much experience there is here dealing with bankruptcy/receiverships, but I will take a stab and say not very much. Maybe after reading this we all can get back to fixing birds and working on real problems we can resolve now. So I’ll put it in generalities. This is most likely a Chapter 7 situation were the assets will need to be liquidated. If it were a Chapter 11, a company could file then reorganize after approval and resume business as normal under an extended repayment schedule. If it were Chapter 13, certain debts would be adjusted or forgiven and under an approved repayment plan business would continue. So this will be a Chapter 7, as it had been expressed that the banks said NO MORE MONEY so in this case the assets will be sold to repay the creditors/banks. It has to go to court! In which district? There are 94 Federal Districts in which this can be filed depending on where the lenders petition or file the recovery complaints. If it is filed in District 11 which covers FL, AL, GA within D11 there are about 10 different cities where this can be filed. If it were filed in District 9 which covers CA, NV, AZ, WA, OR, MT, within D4 there are about 30 cities it can be filed. So once a Chapter 7 has been filed the rights of ownership will terminate or will be in question. That is the reason for the locks on the doors/gates and a public notice has been/will be pasted to the front door. This is sometimes referred to as a lockout, a Trustee/Receivership has been/will be appointed and only that person has the rights to disperse assets/property, under the guidance of a Federal Bankruptcy Judge. This distribution of assets will most likely be by public auction. When it goes to auction this will be the only time any of us will have the chance to obtain anything. I’m not an attorney just a dumb auctioneer with 18 years of experience dealing with/researching and looking into the Federal Court System on Bankruptcies, so I can feed my family. So right now we may be wasting our time, discussing the issues or by going to the owners(former) to try to obtain anything and if any intellectual property is obtained, under whose authority, which digs another deeper hole of other legal issues. My proposal let’s watch for public notices, in major city papers, Internet, bizjournals, and once a trustee has been identified let Randy know if he is the anointed one. I too have personal interest and I want to attend the auction or be part of it. As a bird owner and an auctioneer I may be able to identify documentation we all would rather not see going into the trash.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 02-25-2009

Birds firts:

Excellent post with great info!! I do not understand American bankruptcy laws and corporate organization. I am having trouble understanding how just the BB didvision can declare bankruptcy. I understood that Wanderlodge was simply a division of CCW. Wholy owned by them. Is that true? Has anyone bothered to search corporate public records? If that is true then how can they declare bankruptcy unless the whole org. goes under? Example: Pontiac Motor Division is not a seperate corporate entity. They are part of General Motors. If GM goes under Pontiac goes with them. If Pontiac has trouble then GM could and would put more money into the division or simply close it BUT still have to pay the debts. Is my logic correct?? I pose this because it would change the size and scope of any bankruptcy. Wanderlodge is very small and the auction would be over in a blink. CCW is much larger. I also pose this as I read about CCW being sued by a California school division over buses that caught fire. Could CCW be in trouble as well?? Not trying to start a rumour, just wondering.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 02-25-2009
Grand Curmudgeon

David et al.

I have a copy of of the CD Tom has, and I didn't get it from BB or CCW, therefor don't concern myself with copyright issues, especially since there are no copyrights that I have found on the CD.

I'll gladly copy and send to Randy or John to post here or whatever.

Paul LaZar
St. Augustine, FL
Former owner of Ziggy
97 wb43