Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 11-17-2016

Default Congrats on the your XXV 40WB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPat View Post
First of all a big THANK YOU to Bill of Bill n Shelly for helping me when I looked at the bird. He drove it and really helped with the inspection. THANKS!

Hello everybody!!! I just BOUGHT a 1988 WB40 XXV. woooohoooo! I am the 3rd caretaker. Originally owned by Dode Egbers of MT, then Steve Crown, of Omaha NE. Steve's son drove it to Houston. I am from Corpus Christi. Bus is in very good condition. I got some work to do on it when I finally quit working in the next month.

This forum is great. I read through some HELP! posts and if you break down, someone just might show up and start fixin it. Phone calls, help, suggestions, WHAT EVER IT TAKES!,

I had to have it inspected in TEXAS to get the title transferred. Passed first shot---whew!!! Still have some air leaks to find.

So far - PPV valve at bulk oil tank was leaking so removed it and added a gauge and a valve. KISS! Not gonna replace the PPV.

Read the posts here and ordered 2 gas springs for the rear door. I ordered 250# springs and very glad I did. DO NOT ORDER LESS THAN 250#! (Yep in CAPS!). Got them installed but it took 3 block and tackles, a come-a-long, a ladder, 2 hydraulic jacks, 1 can of WD40, and some duct tape.

Next project is to get the oil pressure gauge at the dash working. I am an instrumentation and control electrical engineer, so shouldn't be a problem (famous last words, right?) Electrons or not I WILL add a mechanical oil pressure gauge as a backup!

ADIOS!
I've had mine for 3 years, and have made many improvements. We just did a trip from Florida to Maine and only burned less than a quart of oil. Have fun in your future adventures.

MJ and Jerry
St. Petersburg, FL
2004 M380
1988 WB40 XXV (sold)
Old 11-17-2016

Pat, welcome to the bird family!! May you enjoy many happy travels in it.
Old 11-18-2016

Man you people got me confused; I quit working along time ago, and if you ask some I never even started. Actually I retired about 13 years ago. My definition of retirement is "Doing what I want to do when I want to do it!"

I ain't had a job performance review by some snot nosed, drippy pecker college boy in 13 years!

Before that, I worked for a company for 27.5 years , when Blackstone (private equity firm) came in with huge layoffs of long term employees, raped the pension fund and left. I lost ~40% of my pension.

Since then I have worked contract, usually about 6 mos/year and done very well. The hard part is not finding jobs, it is getting away from them. ("'Will you walk into my parlour?' said the Spider to the Fly.")

Fish, travel, POKER. Spent six months camped out at Baffin Bay, TX. oh yeah Poker. Done very well playing poker tournaments on the WSOP tour. Go to the bottom of this page--> POKERPIC

I am working what may be my last project, if I ever get out of here. Been working 13 days on, 1 day off, 12 hour /day for the past 7 months, AT NIGHT! Lots of hours($$)!!!

But I love what I do and cannot imagine not continuing to work at least some in the future.

So my work schedule preventing me from working on the MAGIC BUS for a few more weeks. But then it is 6-12 months off to work on the bus , travel, and play poker. Hopfully I make it to the WSOP Main Event in next July and the November 9 on ESPN next November.

P.S. Still need an 120 VAC electrical drawing, schematic for a 1988 WB40!

Adios!
Old 11-18-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPat View Post
Man you people got me confused; I quit working along time ago, and if you ask some I never even started. Actually I retired about 13 years ago. My definition of retirement is "Doing what I want to do when I want to do it!"

I ain't had a job performance review by some snot nosed, drippy pecker college boy in 13 years!

Before that, I worked for a company for 27.5 years , when Blackstone (private equity firm) came in with huge layoffs of long term employees, raped the pension fund and left. I lost ~40% of my pension.

Since then I have worked contract, usually about 6 mos/year and done very well. The hard part is not finding jobs, it is getting away from them. ("'Will you walk into my parlour?' said the Spider to the Fly.")

Fish, travel, POKER. Spent six months camped out at Baffin Bay, TX. oh yeah Poker. Done very well playing poker tournaments on the WSOP tour. Go to the bottom of this page--> POKERPIC

I am working what may be my last project, if I ever get out of here. Been working 13 days on, 1 day off, 12 hour /day for the past 7 months, AT NIGHT! Lots of hours($$)!!!

But I love what I do and cannot imagine not continuing to work at least some in the future.

So my work schedule preventing me from working on the MAGIC BUS for a few more weeks. But then it is 6-12 months off to work on the bus , travel, and play poker. Hopfully I make it to the WSOP Main Event in next July and the November 9 on ESPN next November.

P.S. Still need an 120 VAC electrical drawing, schematic for a 1988 WB40!

Adios!
Magic Bus can and probably will turn into a full time job.
Many of us seem to be afflicted with that disease
The Mistress requires constant attention - more so than the wife
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 11-18-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSS View Post
Magic Bus can and probably will turn into a full time job.
Many of us seem to be afflicted with that disease
The Mistress requires constant attention - more so than the wife
My huddy is lucky I guess then cause his wife loves to work on The Mistress,

actually more than he does!

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 11-25-2016

**** Dana this sounds interesting, Do you let him watch?
Old 11-25-2016

Sure, if he's home. It's more fun though if he helps.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com