Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 12-16-2018

Default Oily Mud - Caution

History...Years ago I replaced the cord/sewer bay air quick connect coupler to match the others that I use and never have used that air supply/connection since.

Current...While the coach was air up today, I decided to check out that air coupler/line. Inserted one of my female/male plugs to the coupler…oily mud come flying out. Stopped, got rag, connected again and let it continue to push oily mud out until no more.

If like me, not using that airline for many years...do not use it without first bleeding the oily mud. I recall someone recently posted airing up their coach using that connection. Using that connection will push oily mud to the air components. Just a few words of caution.

2000 LX40 Millennium Limited Edition #4 of 6
1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing" SOLD
1974 FC31 534 gas engine, air brakes (sold)
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
714 269-6187

Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 12-16-2018

I'm guessing the chuck must come from the wet tank. This is a good reminder that I probably need to drain it, too.
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 12-17-2018
Goat rails in the sunset

I used the SP’s air quick connect to blow out water lines. Happily no sign of oily mud.

I wuz sprised to find air pressure at quick connect only while engine was running. I never used it before but vaguely imagined it had access to tank pressure. Brake tanks hold air pretty well, so I guess the quick connect is plumbed in more toward the engine compressor and the spitter valve thingy (sorry, can’t think what its called, that device where moisture and compressor oil get ejected with an air blast). Which might explain the oily component in Kurt’s quickcon?
Full-time in 2019