Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features

How to use the Forum Features Information on general forum usage and reading/posting messages. also "How To Do It" TUTORIAL Instructions, on using the forum

Site Search:

Old 04-07-2018

Default Air Bags

We were on our way home from FL when we were on some really rough road 0n I-71 north of Cincinnati till we got to I-70 east. I looked in side mirror & saw smoke. I was at a good place to around pull off & did. After walking around back i saw black on the side of the coach. looking under neath I saw the rod on my left side rear airbag was just hanging there.It was disconnected on the bottom. I was able to attach it back on temporary. I might have been able to make it on home but I saw a Frighliner dealer so I stop & bought a universal drop rod. I had to cut it off as it was to long & I did have a hacksaw with me. You can never have to many tools with you. I was lucky in the fact that the tire was going to be replaced next year. What was on the side of the coach was burnt rubber. I cut a groove in the side of the tread. The tire was still drivable & we made it on home. The only thing I felt before I saw smoke was the coach pulled a little to the right but the roads had been so rough I though it was in the roads. What would cause the left side to drop so low that it would cut a groove in my tire? I thought the bags had a bumper block in them
Old 04-07-2018

The bags do have a stop bumper in them but they cant compensate for both bags on that side of the axle being deflated. Also you could have wear in your Panard Bar that would allow your coach body to contact the tire.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 04-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspithaler View Post
We were on our way home from FL when we were on some really rough road 0n I-71 north of Cincinnati till we got to I-70 east. I looked in side mirror & saw smoke. I was at a good place to around pull off & did. After walking around back i saw black on the side of the coach. looking under neath I saw the rod on my left side rear airbag was just hanging there.It was disconnected on the bottom. I was able to attach it back on temporary. I might have been able to make it on home but I saw a Frighliner dealer so I stop & bought a universal drop rod. I had to cut it off as it was to long & I did have a hacksaw with me. You can never have to many tools with you. I was lucky in the fact that the tire was going to be replaced next year. What was on the side of the coach was burnt rubber. I cut a groove in the side of the tread. The tire was still drivable & we made it on home. The only thing I felt before I saw smoke was the coach pulled a little to the right but the roads had been so rough I though it was in the roads. What would cause the left side to drop so low that it would cut a groove in my tire? I thought the bags had a bumper block in them
DITTO....in the middle of nowhere 100 miles south of Albuquerque. Must be something in the air today.
Valparaiso, In.
Old 04-09-2018

I was looking for the linkage rod for the dump valve today & couldn't find one yet. I stopped at NAPA they didn't have any like that. Then at a truck supply & he just had the universal type that I thought would be hard to adjust. Do you have to go to Haldex for it? some I saw where you could use all thread but I didn't know what you could use to connect it on the bottom. I can get the swivel part at the top but I don't know what to use on the bottom for adjustment
Old 04-09-2018

Here's one thread mentioning parts.
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...=pape+leveling

Mine came loose again. This time it's tie wrapped twice so it can't snap off the ball.
Valparaiso, In.
Old 04-09-2018
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspithaler View Post
I was looking for the linkage rod for the dump valve today & couldn't find one yet. I stopped at NAPA they didn't have any like that. Then at a truck supply & he just had the universal type that I thought would be hard to adjust. Do you have to go to Haldex for it? some I saw where you could use all thread but I didn't know what you could use to connect it on the bottom. I can get the swivel part at the top but I don't know what to use on the bottom for adjustment
All you need is continuous threaded rod from Home Depot and the the swivel ball connectors from NAPA. Less than ten bucks total. The part numbers are here on the forum for the connector, sorry I don't them right now but I posted them a few years back, try a site google search when you find the time.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I found all the parts I needed for it Thanks for the replies. Now some nice weather to put them on I'm replacing all of them Don
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I replaced the level valves in the rear. I was wandering if I kept the rods at the same length would it be set at the same ride height? It looks like it is. What are your thought on that. I was going to replace the front one but for know it is staying up good. I got 3 on ebay for 150 free shipping. They were the original ones. thanks Don
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator

There is a procedure in the instructions, that uses a pin to start the set-up adjustments, and more. But I have always used the original setting, mark the rod position, then decide on changes. small adjustments make a big difference.