Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 01-08-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Exclamation Important please read before you buy!!

Caveat Emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware"

In todays RV market where there are a lot of good buys on Blue Bird Wanderlodges and also some 'Bird Clones, it is even more important for those of you that may be looking for that first 'Bird, or upgrading to a newer model, I don't think that "Let the buyer beware" can be stressed enough!!

Don't be too impressed with that bargain, or the 'Bird that has a price that is too good to pass up, or a financial deal that may be questionable, ask the seller a lot of questions, use these two check lists to look over the potential purchase;
Vintage Bird Buyers Check List
Pre delivery Inspection (PDI) Pre-Purchase Check list on a New or Used RV

Don't do like I did and not trust the members of the Wanderlodge related forums that already own a Wanderlodge of their own, by not asking one of those owners to go and look at your potential 'Bird for you ahead of your purchase and depending on the year and potential investment, even paying a knowledgeable person to do a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) may be a good idea. I was a first time potential 'Bird owner and I wasn't aware of how much help could come from members of the forum, so I was reluctant to ask a forum member to check it out for me, because I was SURE that someone would steal it away from me, especially after someone had posted the eBay link for the auction. When I did go to finally look at it after the eBay auction, I arranged through the forums to meet with a 'Bird owner that would help me check it out before I finalized the deal. Needless to say, I have been SOLD on the value of the Wanderlodge forums ever since then. So ask a lot of questions here on the forum and research the material that can be found for you right here on the forum, that is one of the reasons that information is here on the forum in the first place.

When I purchased my 'Bird through eBay from a party in Texas, when I live in South Carolina http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/24977456 I couldn't make a trip out there to look at it in person, but he was requiring a non refundable cash deposit within 24 hours of the end of the eBay auction, since I had not actually been able to see the 'Bird to inspect it, I was very reluctant to send him a non-refundable cash deposit, so we discussed that item, I offered to send a deposit with the conditions that upon personal inspection the 'Bird met the description that was listed in the eBay auction and he finally agreed, after he understood that I was a serious buyer, to not require a deposit from me and in fact wanted to help me make flight arrangements, which in fact I had already looked into before talking to him, in other words talk to and try to work out all of the particulars with the seller ahead of time.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 01-08-2009
ernie ekberg

Very well thought out, John