Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 02-10-2013
Forum owner

750 would be my choice.
Duramax would make that jeep nose heavy IMO.
If i was doing an engine swap i would have to think long about what i put in it.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-10-2013
AKA Tent Boy

[QUOTE=fxdwg;194653]Larry,

That's a sweet CJ (YJ, WJ, PJ or whatever is actually is!)

John,
You are correct that is a CJ...

Larry Dill & Barbara Ribar
Yuma, AZ. 85367
'95 37' BMC 'Pura Vida'
'84 35' FCSB SOLD
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
sailor7cs@gmail.com
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=26

"Barbara does all the driving, I just hold the wheel"
Old 02-10-2013

Unless that's a really strong cam or you're spinning up really high (7500-8000), most small blocks are overcarbed beyond a 650 carb. When the venturies are too large, you don't get good distribution and dispersal of the incoming fuel. I've "fixed" several motors by putting smaller carbs on them. There are several formulas out there to truly figure out what carb size you need for that specific motor and rpm range.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
...Saturn cars are out of the question...
So,what to do?
What do you guys tow?
Do you like it?
Would you buy it again?
Randy - Too bad a Saturn car is "out of the question" for you. Our 70k mile 95' SL2 gets 33 mpg, hooks up is a flash, is simple/cheap to maintain, tows on all four like it's not even back there with little affect on our mileage and insurance is inexpensive. Only drawbacks are it does not make a good bulky stuff hauler like an SUV and you can forget about off-roading or impressing the guys with your toad's image/horsepower. I'd buy a new one again in a heartbeat if I could. They do occasionally appear on Craigslist but one owner low mileage SL2's are rare.

With 500+ hp to pull your toad, perhaps something larger might work better for you. However, in the next year I'm looking forward to finding that perfect BB with matching purple accents to go with my SL2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	20138  
Old 02-10-2013
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Randy - Too bad a Saturn car is "out of the question" for you. Our 70k mile 95' SL2 gets 33 mpg, hooks up is a flash, is simple/cheap to maintain, tows on all four like it's not even back there with little affect on our mileage and insurance is inexpensive. Only drawbacks are it does not make a good bulky stuff hauler like an SUV and you can forget about off-roading or impressing the guys with your toad's image/horsepower. I'd buy a new one again in a heartbeat if I could. They do occasionally appear on Craigslist but one owner low mileage SL2's are rare.

With 500+ hp to pull your toad, perhaps something larger might work better for you. However, in the next year I'm looking forward to finding that perfect BB with matching purple accents to go with my SL2
I also like my four door grocery getter Honda Civic. I bought it new in 2000 and have towed it ever since. Repairs to date have cost me around $700. Gets 45mpg on the highway. Seats four average stature people. I'd like to trade up to an Accord with cruise control, electric windows etc but this car just keeps on trucking and won't quit.
Old 02-11-2013

A Honda civic is pretty hard to beat. Rob are you saying you've had the car for 13 years and spent $700 on it? Tires batteries and everything? You better buy another Honda buddy.

Tell you what though cars have improved immensely in the last dozen or so years. I used to be taking cars back and forth for repairs it seemed monthly and of the last number of years it's been much better. I used to drive only Toyota or Honda cars. At one point I needed a truck and bought a Chevy Tahoe and then a pickup and then another Tahoe. My Chevy products have been excellent as well. And my friends don't seem to be having trouble with their cars ether. They don't rust out and it's not unusually to get several hundred thousand on them if they are given ordinary care.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 02-11-2013

Maybe I should move to the UK so I can get a wrangler diesel... Not sure I want to buy a jeep and then convert it to diesel. Maybe I could find a wrecked one with a blown engine and drop a Toyota diesel in it... All I need is a $100k shop and $20k worth of tools...
Old 02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pairodice View Post
Maybe I should move to the UK so I can get a wrangler diesel... Not sure I want to buy a jeep and then convert it to diesel. Maybe I could find a wrecked one with a blown engine and drop a Toyota diesel in it... All I need is a $100k shop and $20k worth of tools...
Here are some interesting links.

http://www.bruiserconversions.com/

http://jdjeeps.com/

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54928

http://dieseltoys.com/jeep

No interest in any of these. Just did a web search.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pairodice View Post
A mere pittance
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 12-23-2014

Smile It IS a Ford

http://safeshare.tv/w/uKAlfLZUsX

Ed & Carolyn Nowokunski
95BMC37 - Thunderchief
The Great Outdoors (TGO)
Titusville, Florida