Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > How To Protect Your RV Investment.

How To Protect Your RV Investment. This forum is set up to discuss insurance needs, terminology & where to go to get the best possible coverage for your needs. From time to time we will discuss the issues and differences in insurance coverage. When would an appraisal be in your best interest & how often should you have an appraisal and where one could obtain a certified appraisal.

Site Search:

Old 07-31-2014
RV Appraiser

Default -89 Wanderlodges & Blue Sky RV Insurance

I have received a few calls from potential buyers of coaches and folks who are looking to change their current insurance coverage to Blue Sky. Some of these folks have been led to believe that Blue Sky will not cover coaches older than 1989. This came from a insurance brokerage firm but it is not the case at all. I wish to stay unbiased when issues concerning insurance but I have a coach insured through them and since I do appraisals on other older high-end motor coaches, plus Newell, Barth, & GMC I contacted Theresa Cogar, sales representative with Blue Sky corporate, here is her response in part:

We do and will continue to consider the Wanderlodges older than 1988. There has been no change in our policy on underwriting for the Blue Bird Wanderlodge.

She also stated it was on a case by case basis as it has always been and the final decision would be with their underwriting department. To date no Blue Birds newer than 1980 have been refused. So don't be alarmed, if you contact any of their independent brokerage firms and that representative gives you the older than 89 story have them verify it through the corporate sales department of Blue Sky RV Insurance.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 07-31-2014
RV Appraiser

in brief here are portions of my email to Blue Sky:

We are certified appraisers and since 2007 we have appraised nearly 500 vintage high-end motor coaches. We have several clients who are currently insured by Blue Sky, total numbers are unknown. We are now receiving feedback from potential clients that Blue Sky is no longer providing new insurance coverage on 88 & older Blue Bird Motor coaches (Wanderlodge), is this true? Eric Rautins of Blue Sky, set this up for the Blue Bird Wanderlodge & Blue Bird Motorcoach a few years back that Blue Sky would cover coaches as old as 1980, with an appraisal. I currently know of a couple of 1982 models that are insured. Please provide us with the current position as to what will be insured. In 7 years I have not heard of a claim having been paid out by Blue Sky on any Blue Bird.

Does this also mean that Blue Sky will not write a new policy on the GMC Motorhomes, Barth, Newell & Prevost prior to 1988? We also have several of these owners as clients.

An insurance brokerage firm which represents Blue Sky is the source of this policy change information to us and we wish to receive official verification.

Sincerely,
John McGinnis, V.P., Certified Appraiser,
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location

502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 08-01-2014

Default Blue Sky Ins.

Blue Sky will not take old folks. They cut off at 76

Jamie Erwin( 1936 model)
Old 08-01-2014
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameseerwin View Post
Blue Sky will not take old folks. They cut off at 76

Jamie Erwin( 1936 model)
I haven't heard that one before. Insurance companies do look at several factors when it comes to writing a policy things such as driving record, credit history, locality, crime data of home of record. They may look at demographics on age brackets for risk factors. What about you other old folks; has anyone else had that issue arise?
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location

502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 06-19-2015

Default Blue Sky

I had a very pleasant experience with Blue Sky yesterday. Normally all my insurance is through USAA for everything, but they started to choke a bit when I started the process, so I sent Blue Sky an email and within minutes I was communicating with them about a 1982 bird -even though their website only goes back to 86.

Rich at Blue Sky got an answer from underwriting very quickly stating the 82 is no problem and it was all done within hours at the same cost that I'm paying for my current 23' RV, but including better coverage and vacation insurance where if I break down, they pay $750 for hotel or air fare, etc. to get home.

Very pleased with their service.

Jim

jphoenix13@me.com
www.jimphoenix.com
Old 06-19-2015
Administrator

Jim, the gear heads will love your website, great pictures
Old 06-19-2015

Thanks Bill, my day job is boring and consists of endless meetings so I have to have something to tinker with to keep my mind from going soft. Plus I need the race car to scare the bejeezus out of myself to keep the adrenalin up at the proper levels.

Don't know how I've remained married for 28 years, I think I'm lucky!

jphoenix13@me.com
www.jimphoenix.com
Old 06-19-2015
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphoenix13 View Post
Thanks Bill, my day job is boring and consists of endless meetings so I have to have something to tinker with to keep my mind from going soft. Plus I need the race car to scare the bejeezus out of myself to keep the adrenalin up at the proper levels.

Don't know how I've remained married for 28 years, I think I'm lucky!
Your are a lucky man, Renee is a keeper, soft brain is not good & may be contagious