Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Transmission

Transmission Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's transmission.

Site Search:

Old 01-17-2017

Default Auto Allison in '79 FC35 shifting issue

So the info I have is by word of mouth since I haven't driven the RV personally yet, but my father (who already has his Class B and could pick it up for me) said there was an issue with the transmission shifting.

As he described it when it goes to upshift it will do something along the lines of 'upshifting, then downshifting and upshifting one last time before settling into gear' I can't remember his exact wording. But its acting funny non-the-less.
After its in gear its apparently fine.

I believe the first thing to check would be the fluids, which I have not had the chance to do yet, but I wanted to see if anyone has seen the behavior before?
My father's first assumption was something to do with the vacuum control to the transmission but I read in the manual vacuum was only used on the Ford gas engine/tranny combos. Where as on the Cat 3208 they used a physical linkage from the throttle body? Might that be out of adjustment?

Thanks for any insight, will update with how the fluids look hopefully tomorrow.
F41587