Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Engine

Engine Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's engine.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-02-2019
djlcanuck djlcanuck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Coleville
Posts: 205
Question LET'S PLAY WHAT IS IT AGAIN

I was doing some work on my S60 this long weekend and ran in to a couple of "I don't know what it is. I hope you gurus can enlighten me.

1) The is a tire valve with cap in the engine bay on the right had side near the Racor fuel filter
2) There is a little red box on the left side behind the backup horn. It has one wire disconnected. Any ideas?
3) There is a empty 2 pin connector tied up with the backup horn

Any ideas would be helpful.
Pictures for all are attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190902_142019.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	63867   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190902_142045.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	63868   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190902_142053.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	63869  
__________________
Doug Long
Coleville, SK
96 WB42
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-02-2019
Rick's Avatar
Rick Rick is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellefonte
Posts: 13,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlcanuck View Post
I was doing some work on my S60 this long weekend and ran in to a couple of "I don't know what it is. I hope you gurus can enlighten me.

1) The is a tire valve with cap in the engine bay on the right had side near the Racor fuel filter
2) There is a little red box on the left side behind the backup horn. It has one wire disconnected. Any ideas?
3) There is a empty 2 pin connector tied up with the backup horn

Any ideas would be helpful.
Pictures for all are attached
Schrader valve (tire valve with cap) is for adding air to you air system from an outside compressor.
__________________
Rick Shawver
1SG Ret
2000 LX
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-2019
rshrimp rshrimp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Myakka City
Posts: 1,504
Default

Red box looks like Hyd fan speed controller
__________________
Randy and Sonya Shrimplin
FMCA# F457849
Livin' the dream, next door to the Drysdale's in Beverly Hills FL!
87 FC35 "Old School"
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-2019
rshrimp rshrimp is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Myakka City
Posts: 1,504
Default

Number #3 might go to the AC system to a pressure high or low pressure cut out switch but just guessing here.
__________________
Randy and Sonya Shrimplin
FMCA# F457849
Livin' the dream, next door to the Drysdale's in Beverly Hills FL!
87 FC35 "Old School"
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2019
djlcanuck djlcanuck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Coleville
Posts: 205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Schrader valve (tire valve with cap) is for adding air to you air system from an outside compressor.
There is an air port in the aqua hot bay that I thought would be for airing up the system.
Just a thought as I was writing this. Would it be possible for the tire valve be used to air up the air oiler (auto oil add) so you don't have too stand on a latter with 5 gallon pails to pour oil in the front of the engine
__________________
Doug Long
Coleville, SK
96 WB42
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-2019
Rick's Avatar
Rick Rick is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellefonte
Posts: 13,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlcanuck View Post
There is an air port in the aqua hot bay that I thought would be for airing up the system.
Just a thought as I was writing this. Would it be possible for the tire valve be used to air up the air oiler (auto oil add) so you don't have too stand on a latter with 5 gallon pails to pour oil in the front of the engine
The Air Chuck is for taking air out of the system. ie, airing up a tire. The Schrader is for putting air in from an external source.

The Schrader valve inflates the entire air system. How you use that air is up to you.
__________________
Rick Shawver
1SG Ret
2000 LX
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656

Last edited by Rick; 09-03-2019 at 07:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1983 PT 36 steering play Lifedreamer Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions 44 08-12-2018 11:21 PM
6V92 Play in turbo shaft. Dog Leg Bill Engine 9 02-13-2018 12:29 PM
Steering Wheel Play Blue Emu FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) 9 11-16-2016 06:52 PM
Time to play: Guess this part! Gatorgrl FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) 35 11-09-2016 07:50 PM
Steering Wheel Shaft Play iamflagman Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions 7 12-16-2012 03:56 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.