Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 09-07-2019
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake View Post
In the Air Force, they taught us that you don't jump out of a perfectly good aircraft
Unless you were a PJ or EOD then you jumped, some of those flight line guys are still looking for a bottle of prop wash.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 09-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
Unless you were a PJ or EOD then you jumped, some of those flight line guys are still looking for a bottle of prop wash.
Or a can of K9P

Bill & Tracy Lott
87 FC35 "Traveller"
Shalimar, Florida
Old 09-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake View Post
In the Air Force, they taught us that you don't jump out of a perfectly good aircraft
Except those of us in aircraft maintenance quickly learned there is no such thing as a perfectly good aircraft. Flyable yes; perfectly good no.

I remember once flying commercial after many years working aircraft and the passenger next to me wondered what I was looking at outside the window. I calmly answered I wondered how many allowable cracks there were in the wing structure that I was looking at. He did not ask me another question during the flight.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 09-07-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwinter1946 View Post
Except those of us in aircraft maintenance quickly learned there is no such thing as a perfectly good aircraft. Flyable yes; perfectly good no.

I remember once flying commercial after many years working aircraft and the passenger next to me wondered what I was looking at outside the window. I calmly answered I wondered how many allowable cracks there were in the wing structure that I was looking at. He did not ask me another question during the flight.
Nurse!! another bloody mary please,make it a double!!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-08-2019

Wife and I passed thru Rachel in 09. Stayed at the so called rv park there. When we had called for a site, we were told "Yes, we have 30 amp service" Left Vegas and headed over to the park there. Found out theire "30 amp service" was 2 15 amp cords that we put in our windows to heat the bus. Stayed there for 2 days. Bar girl told us which road to take to get to 51 (dirt). Doser had made a double wide road form the highway to the mountains. We were the only ones on it. Funneled down to a single lane in the hills. Wife noticed cameras on tripods that swiveled to watch us going down that single road. Wife was getting spooked. Came to a cattle guard with a sign staing "Govt property, no trespassing". I wasn't going to go any further. Saw a dust cloud coming around the next hill and see a white pickup stick it's nose around the hill and look at us. It then backed up and went up a hill to our right and overlooked us down there. Windows tinted, couldn't see anybody in it. Drivers window comes down and what looked like a boom mike was stuck out the window. By this time, I was getting spooked so hung an about face and got the heck out of there. Oh, in the bar hung a sign that said "Govt property, trespassers will be shot on sight". Girl bartender said that used to hang on the fence where we were at, but the locals didn't want that, so was changed to "No trespassing".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Foxy by sign Rachel NV .jpg
Views:	39
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	64043