Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 10-14-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

I'm not sure a p/n would be useful, the only way I know to get them is thru Dupree Products here:

http://www.dupreeproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24

I bought two this summer. My main boiler is on the fritz (no, it isn't my summer/winter switch) so that's one solenoid needed, plus a spare.

Keep the one you remove. The ground wire is attached to the screws that hold it in place, it may just need a clean-up. But as long as you're in there, you may as well change it out for a new one.

FWIW, the solenoid has three leads--one applies power, to open the gas flow when you push the button on control panel. Two takes over automatically (and one drops out) to hold it open once the flame sensor senses that it is lit. Three is the ground. Take a picture of the wires attached to the solenoid before you disconnect.

The terminal numbers are embossed on the plastic housing but I'm not sure if I gave those numbers correctly. The diagram in the Primus manual is the authority. Also, in my experience you can damage one of these solenoids by testing it a lot--test it once with 2x12V leads and a ground, and if it clicks twice, call it good. Hold it in your hand while testing, you might feel the clicks more than hear them.

Have fun!
Full-time in 2019

Last edited by nbedinger; 10-14-2019 at 02:49 AM. Reason: I always have to edit, ham fisted typist
Old 10-14-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbedinger View Post
I'm not sure a p/n would be useful, the only way I know to get them is thru Dupree Products here:

http://www.dupreeproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=24

I bought two this summer. My main boiler is on the fritz (no, it isn't my summer/winter switch) so that's one solenoid needed, plus a spare.

Keep the one you remove. The ground wire is attached to the screws that hold it in place, it may just need a clean-up. But as long as you're in there, you may as well change it out for a new one.

FWIW, the solenoid has three leads--one applies power, to open the gas flow when you push the button on control panel. Two takes over automatically (and one drops out) to hold it open once the flame sensor senses that it is lit. Three is the ground. Take a picture of the wires attached to the solenoid before you disconnect.

The terminal numbers are embossed on the plastic housing but I'm not sure if I gave those numbers correctly. The diagram in the Primus manual is the authority. Also, in my experience you can damage one of these solenoids by testing it a lot--test it once with 2x12V leads and a ground, and if it clicks twice, call it good. Hold it in your hand while testing, you might feel the clicks more than hear them.

Have fun!
Thank you Ned, that helps, I will give it a go as soon as I have day to deal with it.
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 10-14-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

I was just reading your report on the freezing conditions you're traveling through. Man, it is still in the high 80s down here in Phoenix, suggest you make a bee line south!

Good luck Shahin!
Full-time in 2019
Old 10-14-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbedinger View Post
I was just reading your report on the freezing conditions you're traveling through. Man, it is still in the high 80s down here in Phoenix, suggest you make a bee line south!

Good luck Shahin!
Heading to Pine Mountain today. It’s in the 30s at nights here in Nebraska, it should improve as we travel south.
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org