Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Travel Tips - Fuel Prices

Travel Tips - Fuel Prices Everyone has travel tips. Share and discuss yours here with the rest of the group.

Site Search:

Old 11-07-2019

I signed up, too, citing Randy as referral. For iPhone app, do they issue you a username and password?

I'm sure my questions will be answered organically. I was curious to find out which fuel stations might be available through the program.
thank you,
Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 11-07-2019

Doug - I don't do Apple, but I set up their app and the Love's app on my Android. I used their own app to look up prices and whatnot, but to run the actual pumps at the Love's you just input your TSD card info into the Love's app and it links right up. It's quick and works great. Drive into the stall, start the Love's app, tell it which store and pump you're at, and go. By the time you hop out to fill up the pump is ready to go.
Old 11-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Doug - I don't do Apple, but I set up their app and the Love's app on my Android. I used their own app to look up prices and whatnot, but to run the actual pumps at the Love's you just input your TSD card info into the Love's app and it links right up. It's quick and works great. Drive into the stall, start the Love's app, tell it which store and pump you're at, and go. By the time you hop out to fill up the pump is ready to go.
That sounds very cool and a big improvement.
There are very few truck stop stations near to me. I tend to buy fuel at non-chain stations who sell gas and fuel at a discount, including a Sam's club, 80 miles away. And mostly camp along coastal routes. This will save me a ton if there are a decent amount of retailers tied to it.
As an example...
There are only 4 LOVE's within 250 mile radius of my home and none within 75 miles nor on my normal camping routes.
Given work and kids school schedule, we don't do much roaming (yet!)

For that reason, I was hoping to determine other participating retailers.
Is there a list?

Thank you, Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 11-07-2019

Loves, TA, Petro, Ambest, Pilot, Road Ranger are listed. I installed the EFS app and put my number in, with my PIN, and it shows tons of locations with prices and discounts on the map that aren't any of these. I assume it will work there, too, but ???
Old 11-07-2019

Mohsen Oil in Oceanside shows $3.749 right now in the app. SKS, Miramar autoport, etc. There's a bunch of oddballs listed in the app.
Old 11-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Mohsen Oil in Oceanside shows $3.749 right now in the app. SKS, Miramar autoport, etc. There's a bunch of oddballs listed in the app.
Hi Andy,
Thanks, very helpful info and looking around!

It looks like their discounted / volume pricing might not extend to the one-offs. dieselbuddy shows the same for Mohsen oil. They typically are the cheapest around.

I was hoping for -$0.70 / gallon like some are reporting. I guess we'll see.

Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 11-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW SD View Post
Hi Andy,

It looks like their discounted / volume pricing might not extend to the one-offs. dieselbuddy shows the same for Mohsen oil. They typically are the cheapest around.

Doug
I got $93 off 181 gallons in Florida a couple weeks ago at a Love's. Love's has the highest discounts for sure, but there are others, too.
Old 11-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW SD View Post
Hi Andy,

Doug
They send you the logon info when they send out your card. I don’t want to post it up here. If you need it I can email it to you.

The discounts I’m seeing near me are a few cents and the Loves has the best deal. Normally loves is one of the highest. It’s a bit of a toss up, I use the Costco Citi that gives you cash back discount on fuel like 4% so I’ll see what’s the better deal. You can get Loves reward points when you fuel with them, good for showers, or drinks, maybe even to dump I haven’t used Loves much since I dropped that other fuel discount card, I think the prevost group set it up.

Last edited by Steelwheels; 11-07-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-07-2019

Here’s a picture from the app if you don’t have it yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9533BEB1-B8A9-4881-A29B-97046622E3E2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	65060  
Old 11-07-2019

In general, if you have been using Gas Buddy and have been fueling at low cost, non name brand truck stops, you will not save much money with the TSD card. The main advantage is to be able to use the name brand truck stops which will offer better access, and be able to pump as much fuel as you want without being limited to a dollar limit.

I could have saved a few dollars using my Pen Fed card at a small station, but it was sure nice to be able to pump 174 gallons at a time the first time I used my TSD card at a Loves.