Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago
In The Learning Curve

Default 2000 LXI Winterization

New to me 2000 LXI SS, manual says there is a 3/4" drain on the curb side just in front of the tool box. I did a quick search for it the last time I was at storage - didn't see it. Can anyone confirm that this drain exist on this model?

Process seems like it should be real similar to my prior 95, only other potential challenge may be locating the cold water cap on the input line to the AH. On my 95 it was easy to get to. I'm betting it's not as simple on the LXI.

1995 WB 42 "The Magic Carpet" sold
1977 FC 31 RB "BUSTA BUS"
2000 LXI SS "Piper"

Semper Fi
-----------------------------------------
Old 4 Weeks Ago

It's there on my '99 LXi. White PVC piping with a red handled gate valve in behind the toolbox next to the forward bulkhead of the compartment.

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022
Old 4 Weeks Ago
In The Learning Curve

Thanks Stephen.

I've also heard that an LXI doesn't have enough low point drains and therefore you can't just blow it out with air ... you must pump pink stuff in. I'm not familiar enough with it to confirm that.

My bus is stored inside, but it's not a heated or insulated space. I do have 30A ...so I may just leave the AH (electric) on for the bay heaters.

1995 WB 42 "The Magic Carpet" sold
1977 FC 31 RB "BUSTA BUS"
2000 LXI SS "Piper"

Semper Fi
-----------------------------------------
Old 4 Weeks Ago

The term "in front of tool box", is not really correct. My drain is between the second and third (tool box compartment) compartment. The piping runs perpendicular to the the coach's length and sits behind the frame (bracket) between the second and third compartment doors,which both doors seal against.

I usually open all the 3 low point drains and the black (after I dumped it - lol ) and gray tanks, and drive around a bit. To help shake out any water before I Air Purge and winterize.
Hope this helps and you find it !