Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory

Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory If you have a comment or a question about the Wanderlodge factory, ask them here.

Site Search:

Old 04-20-2010
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Johnson View Post
I didn't know this would become public knowledge. I tried to give accurate answers to the questions asked. If I can be of any assistance to anyone, please let me know. I still reside in Georgia.

Erik Johnson
Erik,

Great answers to some tough questions. You've become somewhat of a legend around here. The real question is: do you have any footage of flailing that bus around the Bosch Proving Grounds?
Old 04-20-2010
Forum owner

Erik, I hated to read all of that,the big witch hunt,and you were the witch.
But,i'm with david,wheres the film?
haa! welcome to the site,your safe here.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-20-2010

Erik

Please private email me.

Dan
San Marcos, CA

Old 04-21-2010

It's nice to know that you, the Owner's don't look upon me as the bad guy. I truly enjoyed my time at Wanderlodge, especially the interaction with all of you. I have followed this site since my departure from WL just to keep up with goings-on. I was not sure I would be allowed to join since I am not an Owner (yet!).

I do not have any of the footage from the test track, as this was a company camera. I can tell you that the shell was put through some of the most demanding events that I could come up with, including undulations, twisting, and chatter. At the end of each day we would then cycle the slides to check for proper operation. The severity of these events caused severe damage to the body, but was done so in my quest for overall durability.
The events at the track are designed to provide accelerated testing, i.e. one track mile equates to 30 road miles. Our testing was the equivalent of 250,000 road miles in the motorhome and 500,000 miles in the coach. At the conclusion of the testing, both units were DRIVEN back to F.V. and were dis-assembled for detailed inspections. I was told that we were one of the few units that could actually be driven home after testing.
To give you an idea of the violent nature of the testing, the Drivers were changed every 1 1/2 to 2 hours and wore torso harnesses to keep vital organs in place!

Back to the thread. My deposition lasted for 7 hours during which I tried to give as much info. as possible. I probably cannot comment about specifics but I can offer my deepest apologies for any problems anyone is having or has had.

I have a wealth of information regarding both M380's & 450Lxi's and would be more than happy to help where I can. I do not posess any documentation, only what's in my head, but I offer that without hesitation.

I look forward to responses,

Erik
Old 04-21-2010
Forum owner

Erik and others,you don't have to be an owner to be a member here.

We welcome your input on the 380s and 450s,and on any other topic.
Thanks for speaking up.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-21-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
I have been very busy tonight and just now have had a chance to post this message on this thread.

There is no need to double post your messages as this thread is being moderated because of past abuses on the topic of the lawsuit, so please bear with me, I will read each post and so far everyone has been behaving themselves and all of them have been approved, except for the duplicate post which only one of then was approved and the other deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
We moderated this thread because topics like this can get people excited,bad feelings come out and we all feel that someones to blame for the problems..

There are some threads and o topics on this forum that are always moderated, so tis is just a reminder to those who are new at reading and posting on this thread, so don't be alarmed if your posts doesn't show up right away, we will get around to moderating it ASAP.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 04-21-2010

Welcome Erik!

With the level of knowledge and experience you posess, we may have to create a new forum position just for you. How about : "Historian Emeritus"

95 WLWB 40' SOLD!

"RARA AVIS"

Morristown, Tennessee

FMCA #F27720
Old 04-25-2010

Default Very Common

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird Bob View Post
Talked to a Prevost owner of a 45 footer alongside us here at Twin Oaks park in Elko, Ga....imagine that, a Prevost owner talking to a lowly 84 bird owner!
He said his rig weighs 53,000 lbs!! Jeeze....doesn't have an air brake endorsement, just a regular Florida driver's license....nice...really nice.
I delivered Prevost's for Marathon (and Marathon owners) for several years. Never stopped at a weigh station. Was afraid I'd be flying home. 53k was not uncommon. The front axle was almost always overweight, especially with a 18k gen in the front bay. Sure drove nice, though. And that Series 60 would fly!!