Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 08-06-2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strayhound View Post
Bill, thanks for you help. I'm not sure how the spitter valve should be functioning to determine if it needs to be replaced. It automatically purges after stopping the bus and it blows for about a minute. Sometimes there's a bit of goo stuff left on the road. Otherwise, that's it. It looks easy enough to remove. Once that's done, what's the process to rebuild, clean or is it better just to replace?
take it to NAPA, Fleetpride etc. or any truck parts store.
Old 08-06-2012

The spitter valve uses a nylon spring to pop it open when the "wet tank" air pressure is very low, this allows it to drain. Draining it needs to be done daily (assuming the bus is driven) because our early coaches do not have air driers, the wet tank handles this job. The remedy is to bring the coaches air pressure to 0psi using the brake pedal, then remove the 4 bolts securing the bottom part of the valve, let the tank drain, maybe overnight, clean all parts and reinstall, if the valve leaks on air up just push the shrader style part until it seats or you can replace it, mine often hangs up momentarily if I have drained it. This is where all the heavy sludge will be hiding.
Cape Cod,ma
Old 08-06-2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit Bliss View Post
The spitter valve uses a nylon spring to pop it open when the "wet tank" air pressure is very low, this allows it to drain. Draining it needs to be done daily (assuming the bus is driven) because our early coaches do not have air driers, the wet tank handles this job. The remedy is to bring the coaches air pressure to 0psi using the brake pedal, then remove the 4 bolts securing the bottom part of the valve, let the tank drain, maybe overnight, clean all parts and reinstall, if the valve leaks on air up just push the shrader style part until it seats or you can replace it, mine often hangs up momentarily if I have drained it. This is where all the heavy sludge will be hiding.
Thanks Crit,

I am not old enough to remember "BAD", Before Air Dryers
Old 08-06-2012

My pleasure, Bill
Cape Cod,ma