Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > How To Protect Your RV Investment.

How To Protect Your RV Investment. This forum is set up to discuss insurance needs, terminology & where to go to get the best possible coverage for your needs. From time to time we will discuss the issues and differences in insurance coverage. When would an appraisal be in your best interest & how often should you have an appraisal and where one could obtain a certified appraisal.

Site Search:

Old 05-09-2015
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbird View Post
John

Is it possible for you to do an appraisal for insurance near Montgomery Alabama ?
John McGinnis has all his contact info in his original post.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 05-09-2015
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
We are looking to take our RV appraisal business to a whole new level, possibly approaching areas which no other appraisal group has considered. Until then I will have to settle on a new webpage including design & development and a new marketing approach. We hope to have our new website online within the next few weeks, this new this page will be dedicated chiefly to RV appraisals. We will be concentrating on Bluebirds, GMC, GM bus conversions, and Newell & Prevost motor coaches but we will consider any “Big Tire” appraisal work. We will have an appraisal services ad in the miscellaneous section of the FMCA magazine and their online pages starting in February. I have been doing RV appraisals on Bluebirds and other high-end motor coaches pretty steady since 2007 but I got my start in the antique & classic car judging back in the early eighties, this appraisal business did not happen overnight. After the car judging years I took that gained knowledge and experience and transitioned into vehicle appraisal work in the 90s. In the past we have performed appraisals for the US Government - Small Business Administration, and have had clients such as Schneider Finance performing owner/operator and small fleet appraisal work. Our appraisals have been accepted by every major insurance company in the US and we have had dozens of appraisals requested for bank loans. In the future we hope to take our appraisal show on the road attending more FMCA and Good Sam Rallies. We have not given up our day jobs as of yet but slowly we will be transitioning Fran's real estate & my auction business and other appraisal work to the next generation who have become our primary frontline support when we have gone on-the-road. Our next proposed Bluebird event will be the Flywheelers’ Rally in February. Thanks for your time & support; we hope to see you down the road.
John and Fran,

This sounds like a good plan providing a service that most of us need on a reoccurring basis.

Agreed value coverage becomes more important as the coaches age. Many of us tend to keep our beloved Birds and continue improving them over many years. This runs counter to typical depreciation in terms of valuation of motor vehicles and in some respects, is more similar to that of real estate.

We must rely on a third party to help us to support and protect our obsession. Who better than another vintage motor coach enthusiast that is experienced licensed, and qualified to do this work?

I'm guessing as you get better known outside the Bird world the demand will increase and it may be tough to keep up.

I'm imagining dedicated appraisal rallies perhaps held quarterly in different regions on a rotating basis.

Like in the old days, the circus came to town on a regular basis... People would look forward to it.

If these appraisals are needed every three years, you could make it easy and fun for people to plan ahead to attend one of the quarterly

"McGinnis Auction & Appraisal Service Rallies"

...coming to a town near you!

All the best with the expansion!

NH Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	appraisal.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	35504  
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898