Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory

Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory If you have a comment or a question about the Wanderlodge factory, ask them here.

Site Search:

Old 02-23-2009

I am about two and a half hours away. I would be happy to help with the records also. It would really be good to get the vendor list and the cross from the vendor list to the BB part number list. I have a chassis parts manual for my coach. In many cases it shows the BB number, the vendor name and the vendor pn. In other cases it shows just the BB part number. The parts manual also has many parts schematics.

Former "Smoke N Mirrors" caretaker
Old 02-23-2009
Forum owner

so,one of you smart guys get a list together of what we need from BB.
better yet,all of you smart guys make a list!
we all need to think about it,to make sure we get everything we need,there will be no second chances.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-23-2009

You will want the server with all the parts and vendor # they used for look up. Maybe call GlenRogers and ask him for input at coach craft. Just a thought
Old 02-23-2009
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Paper records and rolled plans may be easy to identify, but the digital stuff is another story.

Calling Glen may be a good idea. He probably knows which machines are where.

I have no idea how many servers, PCs and other peripherals are there, but if the liquidator calls in a salvage company for this stuff it will likely be loaded indiscriminately onto pallets and sold as scrap by the pound. That would be a real shame if the information is on those machines.

At the very least, there may be back up tapes that can be used to restore the information onto another machine. I have a Dell Precision with Duel Xenon processors I can donate to the cause if that will help.

Bill
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 02-23-2009
Forum owner

ok,Macy just emailed me back.
they know the records are a big deal to this group,but for weeks they have been worried about saving the company,and not about anything else.
i'll share more info as i get it.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-24-2009
bigsur

Default Bluebird Shutdown

Randy

We very much appreciate your aformentioned effort if it is needed. Since I am on the left coast, I am not physically able to do much, but will do what I can from here.

Is there any possiblilit, that you can wherehouse the parts and handle any other hardware or software?

If I can help. let me know. I will try and run a D & B.

Dan Sunderland
2005 450LXi
San Marcos, CA
Old 02-24-2009

Randy

Thanks we all apreciate your efforts.
Old 02-24-2009
hturner 12

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasnewski View Post
I am about two and a half hours away. I would be happy to help with the records also. It would really be good to get the vendor list and the cross from the vendor list to the BB part number list. I have a chassis parts manual for my coach. In many cases it shows the BB number, the vendor name and the vendor pn. In other cases it shows just the BB part number. The parts manual also has many parts schematics.
I am about 30 minutes away will be glad to go over. If a someone posted that the doors are chained we may not be able to access to the information. I do not have a place for storing all of the information.
Old 02-24-2009

Default Ft. Valley Shut Down

All:
I know that rumors have abounded over the last several weeks concerning the demise of BB and Coachworks and from what I have read on this group and others that the "end" has arrived. There is a wealth of information in the possession of CCW that could be in danger of being lost forever. Those of us who have BB coaches are represented by three strong groups: Vintage Birds, Wanderlodge Owners Group and Wanderlodge Owners On-Line.
The members of these three groups represent hundreds of talented individuals from all walks of life. It seems to me that the time has arrived for everyone to come together and try to put together a unified group to attempt to acquire the data and make it available for all of us.
We may have only one chance to obtain and preserve the wealth of information that exists somewhere between Ft. Valley and Riverside.

What do you say, folks - that we collective start getting together a group to approach CCW's creditors, bankers, liquidators, etc. to try to preserve this information?

Three catastropic things could happen if we do nothing: 1) Some company will buy the BB name and assets (whatever they are) and produce an inferior product. 2) Somebody will obtain the data and profit from it at our collective expense. Or, 3) some liquidator will come in and destroy forever almost 40 years of knowledge that could be available for everyone to use for years to come.
Old 02-24-2009
Can't re-member

As some of you know I am an hour and a half away and am willing to help. I still work full time so I will have to schedule time off but that is no problem with planning. I'm with y'all, lets get some sort of game plan. Heck, if there is some sort of salvage sale I can help load and move parts or whatever.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
ok,Macy just emailed me back.
they know the records are a big deal to this group,but for weeks they have been worried about saving the company,and not about anything else.
i'll share more info as i get it.

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA