Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > How To Protect Your RV Investment.

How To Protect Your RV Investment. This forum is set up to discuss insurance needs, terminology & where to go to get the best possible coverage for your needs. From time to time we will discuss the issues and differences in insurance coverage. When would an appraisal be in your best interest & how often should you have an appraisal and where one could obtain a certified appraisal.

Site Search:

Old 03-08-2017
RV Appraiser

Default Insurance Coverage - Agreed Value or Not?

There has been a lot of chatter lately on the situation of Blue Sky not providing RV coverage and folks going with an inferior coverage such as ACV.

This is just my take on the whole not to go with Agreed Value an opt for ACV for insurance coverage. Agreed Value is a written agreement between you and the insurance company, whereas ACV is an undocumented opinion based on their perceived value usually determined by the use of NADA. Let's take an 87PT40 and a premium specimen with an 8V92 can easily fetch anywhere from 25 -35K or higher but the NADA values state it is worth only 10 grand. So if you go with an ACV policy, and total it on your first trip out, you've just lost 15 - 25 grand. To me it just don't make sense not to be covered well enough to get an suitable replacement vehicle in the event of a loss. To me it it's like not having adequate homeowner's coverage? When one company drops a specific type coverage sooner or later another company will jump on the opportunity and provide coverage. There are several companies still offering Agreed Value, but may have stipulations. National Interstate, Piedmont, Allied and several others offer insurance, but you have to remember there are 50 states and each have their own guidelines & restrictions when it comes to insurance coverage. Most of the nationally recognised insurance companies that advertise on TV do not provide adequate RV coverage. So do your homework, surf the web, make some calls you will find the coverage you need. One thing to remember the insurance agent or company do not have to be in your state, they have to be licensed to operate in your state. So shop around. JMO
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 03-09-2017

We have ours with Allied. If you can provide a tax or other appraisal they will give you a agreed value.
Old 03-06-2018

What is the best priced agreed value company.
San Marcos, CA

Old 03-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gsur View Post
What is the best priced agreed value company.
Based on my experience you have to shop. There are so many variables it is impossible for me or anyone to say one company is cheaper than another. They check credit ratings, obviously driver's records, and a host of other stuff, including the make, model, year, and sometimes even color of vehicles changes the price. I had one company that when I moved from the Indianapolis Metro area to an extremely rural area, where I live now, that charged me more because I moved. I was dumbfounded. I thought the likelihood of something happening to my bus in an area of a million plus was much higher than in an area of 500 people. So I inquired and was told that they run a check on what they call "their experience rating". So let's say they insure maybe a 50,000 out of that million in Indy. Up where I am they insure maybe 5. They have maybe a 1,000 claims in Indy and have 2 where I live. Their experience rating is much higher where I live now so they increased my premiums although I have never had a claim, no traffic violations, no change in credit rating etc. Nothing changed other than where I lived. I'm not with them anymore I am currently with Progressive through USAA and have Agreed Value with an actual numeric number of the value of the coach stated in the policy. I just paid my premium for the year last week and it increased by maybe $100 this year, but is sill the best price available for me in my area. I will mention I have everything I own insured through USAA. Two houses, pickup truck, the wife's SUV, a dump truck, and then my Harley and the Bird through USAA but by Progressive, because USAA doesn't insure motorcycles or RVs. When I look at my account on USAA's site it lists the Harley and the Bird but through USAA and I have a total of $2,600 in discounts for multiple policies through USAA. I love USAA. They are extremely nice people when you talk with them and I have had two claims with them and nothing has changed. One was on my homeowners policy where we live. I caught the neighboring farm field on fire once. Total brain fart on my end but anyway they paid up and never said a word. The other was my wife got hit two years ago and totalled her car. USAA paid me more than what what my car was worth, based on anything I was able to find anywhere. Got us a rental car until we bought another one. They paid for all her medical expenses and never quibbled. The wife did have a knee injury that finally required surgery last year. At that point we talked with an attorney who is representing her. The other gal that hit her was clearly listed at fault. Anyway, USAA has been exceptional through the whole thing.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 03-06-2018

You can get a quote on Tuesday and then get another one on Thursday and they will be different. Shop, then shop again. Next year ... shop again!
87 FC35 "Old School"
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 03-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshrimp View Post
You can get a quote on Tuesday and then get another one on Thursday and they will be different. Shop, then shop again. Next year ... shop again!
Very true. I think my coach premiums went up because of all the natural disasters that hit last year. They have to recover the money to pay the bills and potential claims somehow.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 03-09-2018

OK...so can anyone tell us definitively, WHAT companies are currently writing agreed or stated value policies as per a certified appraisal.

Who currently has this type of insurance and with what companies?

I have my appraisal in hand an need to find companies that I can get quotes from.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 03-09-2018
Administrator

find out who writes policies in your state
Old 03-09-2018

Sorry....forgot to name the state.

Anyone know of agreed value policies being written in PA.

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 03-09-2018
RV Appraiser

GOOGLE... Agreed Value RV Insurance.... Pennsylvania or whatever state you wish. Read what's there and wade through the 10 pages of ads and you should find something. You may have to go with FLO, check with the Heckman. Good Luck
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_