Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 03-30-2017

Default Help from FC35 Owners

Still here and often reading but not posting, so time to change that :-)

As some might know i tried to make some inroads to purchasing 'over the rainbow' many years ago when it was u for sale at $16.5k, but when all the import duties and taxes were in place we were well well over £30k so quickly realised a WL was out of my reach and the dream folded.
So i have decided that i cannot do without some sort of WL in my life and my new plan is to build a large scale model somewhere in the region of 1/6 as 1/4 meant divorce :-)

I have got lots of nice pictures but no real line drawings that i can use so to speak, i have been following other threads about the receipt of those documents recently acquired by Randy but i know what i want would probably not be likely and i do not want to take up peoples time too much for this project.

So i am hoping that a possible owner of an FC35 would be able to take a couple of front-back-side pictures for me with the minimum amount of perspective so that i could hopefully use them to do some drawings from. This is going to be long long project but one i am looking forward to and hopefully resolve my thirst for one of those animals :-)
Here's hoping
Malc

Malc- Hexham, Northumberland-UK
Only a Dream: FC model, 78-83 ish like 'Over the Rainbow'
Old 03-30-2017
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Check out my photo website you may find what you need there.
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/finnsinn6adventure

Also check these out

http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/2011_summer_trip

http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/trips_in_my_bird&page=all

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 03-30-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie View Post

As some might know i tried to make some inroads to purchasing 'over the rainbow' many years ago when it was u for sale at $16.5k, but when all the import duties and taxes were in place we were well well over £30k so quickly realised a WL was out of my reach and the dream folded.
So i have decided that i cannot do without some sort of WL in my life and my new plan is to build a large scale model somewhere in the region of 1/6 as 1/4 meant divorce :-)

I have got lots of nice pictures but no real line drawings that i can use so to speak, i have been following other threads about the receipt of those documents recently acquired by Randy but i know what i want would probably not be likely and i do not want to take up peoples time too much for this project.

So i am hoping that a possible owner of an FC35 would be able to take a couple of front-back-side pictures for me with the minimum amount of perspective so that i could hopefully use them to do some drawings from. This is going to be long long project but one i am looking forward to and hopefully resolve my thirst for one of those animals :-)
Here's hoping
Malc
Gordie, You need to get in contact with Ernst over in Germany. He has a Bluebird, but I honestly don't know how he came about it. Anyway, he has been very good with working on his coach and seems to understand all that Birds have to keep them going. I don't want to speak for him, but maybe you could see his Bird and take whatever information you need from that. Or maybe even better, he may know of how you can obtain the real thing, like he did. Just something to think about. http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...mber.php?u=868

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 03-30-2017

Hi Jim

Thanks for link and i will follow up.
I think i need to add for clarification as i did not want to put lots of text in the
post (he says writing to n amazing author ) but not long after losing out on the FC i had a stroke and heart attack which cost me myhgv license and unfortunately all wanderlodges are over 7.5 tonnes which means i can never own a real one now, i wonder what a 1/6 will weigh

Old 03-30-2017

Quote:
Hi Jim

Thanks for link and i will follow up.
I think i need to add for clarification as i did not want to put lots of text in the
post (he says writing to n amazing author ) but not long after losing out on the FC i had a stroke and heart attack which cost me myhgv license and unfortunately all wanderlodges are over 7.5 tonnes which means i can never own a real one now, i wonder what a 1/6 will weigh
Gordie, Sorry about your health issues. We will wish you the best in getting better and with your intended project. Hopefully it will work out for you. Good luck.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 03-30-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Gordie, Sorry about your health issues. We will wish you the best in getting better and with your intended project. Hopefully it will work out for you. Good luck.
thank you for your kind words

Old 03-30-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
thanks for the extra links, actually i am not surprisede you have not made mention of someone wearing out your site as i must have hoovered up all your info and lots of it too

So far (ironically) th best picture from the front is of 'over the rainbow' just after it had a small accident and damaged the lamps in the bumper, its very close to what i need and i will use it if i cannot get much better.
One can never fail to see the beauty in these 'birds' even after the hours i spent looking at them.

Old 03-30-2017

Hello Geordie,
I admire your lust for the Wanderlodges. I caught the bug myself several years ago and purchased an '87 FC last summer. My first USAF assignment was at RAF Woodbridge, quite a bit south of you but it was that tour ('81-'83) that formed a life-long love for you blokes. You're the best! Have you considered flying over and attending the Pine Mountain Rally? Short of actual ownership, it might whet your appetite?

Best regards,
Bill

Bill & Tracy Lott
87 FC35 "Traveller"
Shalimar, Florida
Old 03-30-2017
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:

Here's hoping
Malc
You might be interested in the drawing that Bill Schreurs (Tulipvendor50) referenced in this post – it's an elevation drawing that has height, clearance, approach and departure angle, etc for FC's:

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18514&postcount=8

Here’s a link to the drawing that Bill referenced in the above post:

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/downloads/Schematics%201984%20FC%20REDRAWN%20INDIVIDUAL%20JP EG/1984-070.jpg
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 03-31-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Latitude View Post
Hello Geordie,
Have you considered flying over and attending the Pine Mountain Rally? Short of actual ownership, it might whet your appetite?

Best regards,
Bill
Oh yes bll, mark invited me over when he was doing his stories from Yuma travelling with ginger, i certainly dont need to wet my appetite i use a towel as it is
thanks tho