Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 06-12-2017

Also discovered that the old VANAIR roof vent in the bathroom is leaking...on my new tiled bathroom floor!

Thankfully I found out in time and put a bucket under it until I can get a replacement vent installed.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 06-12-2017
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgrl View Post
Very cute Randy, but I think that one may be a tad too small. Might rattle around in the space...or maybe I could fit it in the toaster cubbie? lol
Hey,it may be the only one that fits!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-12-2017

Either I find a compact fridge to fit above the washer/dryer combo, or fit in the space where the ice maker once was or put it in the cabinet under the microwave....where to onboard vacuum is.

Lee County, Florida

1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 06-12-2017

Quote:
I plan on putting a washer/dryer combo in the space where the fridge was since the venting is already there. Would love to find a smaller fridge to fit above the washer/dryer combo.
You really don't have a dryer vent there at all. You have a place one can be installed. Your refer may or may not need a vent depending on what you install there.

There are many threads and opinions about washer/dryer in a coach. We don't have them. However we do have a very large Whirlpool side by side refrigerator with ice in the door.

The problem I see with a washer/dryer is the amount of water it takes to wash and the storage of that water both before and after the clothes are clean. If your at a park chances are very good they will have washer/driers. If your on the side of the road someplace then the worry of tankage.

I know you have thought about this and are sure of what you want. Myself, I would rather help my Bride with the washing at a laundry mat than give up both space in the tanks and cold storage for the beverages needed to get through the day.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 06-12-2017

Here's my thoughts on the whole RV fridge...the one we took out already seemed more than what we would need. If we replaced it with a similarly sized one and we filled it with perishables needing to be chilled...how would we manage that while driving down the road, without running the generator? I'd really hate to have to throw out a bunch of food, only to replace it with more perishables when we hit a camping spot, then toss it all out again when we leave for another spot. So my thinking is...smaller fridge, less food wasted while driving.
I would also love to find a beverage fridge to fit in the old ice maker opening...to keep our wines chilled ...but this is proving to be almost impossible due to size.

Is my thinking flawed somewhere?

I also see your point about fresh water storage being gobbled up by the washing machine. Would have to add more fresh water storage then?
Just the thought of starting each day in a Laundromat just doesn't appeal to me . I am the Queen of Laundry in our home and I take my title seriously...lol

Lee County, Florida

1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 06-12-2017
Forum owner

All of us travel with lots of food,we like to eat.
I have never thrown any food out,ever (just look at me).
Yes,we run the fridge going down the road,always have,always will.
No,you can't add water tanks,well,i guess you can,but where will you put them?
On top of the washer?nope,that spot is taken (fridge),remember?

The only good thing about the spendide is its dual purpose,other than that they are heavy,small,take a lot of water and they are slow to dry,i have one,we use it,we will convert it into scrap one day and put a separate washer/dryer in.
I have washed many loads in a bucket in the shower,wash while i drive.
Hang them out to dry.
You meet the nicest people in the laundry!
Hahahhaa! just messing with you !

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-12-2017

Quote:
Here's my thoughts on the whole RV fridge...the one we took out already seemed more than what we would need. If we replaced it with a similarly sized one and we filled it with perishables needing to be chilled...how would we manage that while driving down the road, without running the generator? I'd really hate to have to throw out a bunch of food, only to replace it with more perishables when we hit a camping spot, then toss it all out again when we leave for another spot. So my thinking is...smaller fridge, less food wasted while driving.
I would also love to find a beverage fridge to fit in the old ice maker opening...to keep our wines chilled ...but this is proving to be almost impossible due to size.

I also see your point about fresh water storage being gobbled up by the washing machine. Would have to add more fresh water storage then?
Just the thought of starting each day in a Laundromat just doesn't appeal to me . I am the Queen of Laundry in our home and I take my title seriously...lol
I guess you have decided to use a electric 110 volt refer. An inverter will solve your driving down the road problem. You will need one anyway for when your not plugged in someplace. And if your washing clothes you got 110. So if your washing everyday, you have 110 everyday.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 06-12-2017

Quote:

Yours may be different, but I thought that most of the older Bluebird refrigerators were dual powered (propane and electric). My 85FC fridge automatically goes to propane power if I'm not running my generator while traveling, or if I'm off the grid. Keeps everything nice and cold.

Kent & Pearl Glover
1985 FC-35RB "Wild and Wanderful"
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Email: juballer22@gmail.com
Old 06-12-2017

I am still on the fence if I want another dual power fridge or a 110v fridge. Guess I'm just paranoid about running gas all the time.

I know....We will just convert to wearing paper clothes and drying off with paper towels...thus no need for a washer/ dryer.

Thanks for all the input, just keep in mind we are newbies and have not ventured out yet...in any bus.

Lee County, Florida

1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 06-12-2017

You might be surprised how seldom a residential fridge runs when travelling down the road. They are insulated a lot better than rv refrigerators and are energy efficient. I monitor ours with a remote thermometer and seldom have to start it during eight hours of travelling.