Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > RV Lots, RV Land, RV Condos For Sale or Wanted

RV Lots, RV Land, RV Condos For Sale or Wanted List your RV Lots, Land to use for an RV site and RV Condos, that you either have for sale, or are looking to buy, right here. Be as descriptive as you can be, with a size, location, features and more, plus directions to the site and as much contact information as possible.

Site Search:

Old 02-06-2019
Knows Very Little

Default RV parking/transport assistance near Houston

I am not sure where to post this but hoping that someone will move it to a correct forum if this one is not correct.

We are currently in southwest Houston staying at South Main RV Park while Dwayne receives treatment at MD Anderson. I had thought that I heard that the "medical" sites were blocked off for long term stays, but the Houston rodeo is coming to town and, although the management is trying to work something out... I'm trying to have other options in place. She told me that we can be on our site until 2/21; I'm guessing that the park is full through the end of the rodeo which is 3/17...

We have a 43' Bluebird. We have 2 cats that are staying in it while I'm staying in ICU with Dwayne. I try to go back to the rig every other day or so to take care of the cats. I'm looking for ideas...

Options I have thought of:
- Move the bus to Livingston, Rainbow's End (Escapees) - I can probably either find someone who will take care of the cats or arrange with Rover.com to hire someone.

- If Dwayne gets out of the hospital, and if he isn't going to need to return frequently to MDA, maybe we can stay in Livingston (it is 75+ miles from the medical district in Houston). More likely I would get a hotel room (assuming they are not all sold out for the rodeo too - I was looking online, and it looks like some are available, but I don't want to book anything until I am sure Dwayne will be outpatient).

Does anyone have some other ideas of where I might park Miss Doozie and the cats?

Second: I am concerned about having to be available to move the bus on any particular day - sometimes Dwayne is doing well, but we had an episode Monday night/Tuesday where the staff was preparing me for his death - he is much better today, but if that happened on the day I have to move the bus...
Is there any Bluebird owner / driver around the Houston area that could help me if I need it?

Sorry that we've not been active on the fora and that I am just coming with this plea for help, but I know that this is a strong community and I'm praying that someone has some ideas that might help.
cellphone: 214-952-9415
Patti@Cartwright.net
http://trekincartwrights.blogspot.com/

Current location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=421
Old 02-06-2019

Galveston has some nice parks
Old 02-07-2019

Patti
After reading your post earlier, I called my sister who lives in Houston to see if she (or anyone she knows) could assist you. She said she would be happy help, so I gave her your cell number from your signature and she said she would reach out to you. Wishing you and Dwayne all the best.
Old 02-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan333 View Post
Patti
After reading your post earlier, I called my sister who lives in Houston to see if she (or anyone she knows) could assist you. She said she would be happy help, so I gave her your cell number from your signature and she said she would reach out to you. Wishing you and Dwayne all the best.
Cool, wish there was a heart button to reply to you and your sisters golden hearts.
Old 02-07-2019
Forum owner

Patti,i am so sorry to hear of this.
Hopefully someone will help you out here.
Is there anybody near Houston that can help Patti?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-07-2019

Patti,
Great site to find places to stay.

https://www.allstays.com/Campgrounds/

Don & Jane
86 PT38 8V92
Pop Pop's Bus
Jeep cherokee in
24' car hauler
Old 02-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Patti,i am so sorry to hear of this.
Hopefully someone will help you out here.
Is there anybody near Houston that can help Patti?
So am I. I wish I was closer to do something. I regret now more than ever not waiting around at the National RV Museum last Sept. to meet up with Dwayne and Patti. Michele and I saw a Bird in the parking lot and went to see if anyone was around. There wasn't a toad, so I suspected they had gone someplace else. I left a note. I got a message back saying that it was Dwayne and Patti and that they were headed south to Cincinnati and sorry that they missed us. I wish Dwayne especially, the best and of course Patti too. You will be in our prayers.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 02-07-2019

Patti, I am a little north of Houston, but if you need help moving the bus I am more than happy to assist. I will send you an email with my contact information.

mark kitchens
Athens, Tx
1995 WB42
C: 214 477 3757
markkitch@aol.com
Old 02-07-2019
ANOTHER REDNECK

I am 230 miles away but if all else fails--call me and the Boss and me can help
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 02-08-2019
Knows Very Little

Thank you so much for your care and prayers...

I have two folks now who are willing to help me with moving Miss Doozie (Mark on here and another friend from FMCA Coaches for Christ).

The campground is still working on making a way to allow Miss Doozie to stay there. They also clarified that the amount of time that they cannot currently accommodate her is just 2/21-2/24, so thankfully I'm not looking at a need for a long solution.

Two friends have identified friends in Houston who have protected parking areas (one at an RV repair place, the other at a dentist's office) where we could park Miss Doozie for a few days.

I am so thankful for the camaraderie and care of Bluebirders and other RVers!

Patti
cellphone: 214-952-9415
Patti@Cartwright.net
http://trekincartwrights.blogspot.com/

Current location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=421