Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your SP model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....List your SP parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 08-30-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

Default Chassis Heat bleeder line

Behind the rear bumper, road side, is a bleed valve for purging the chassis heat coolant lines. I haven't used the valve in several years, but yesterday it started to drip engine coolant from that area. I shut off the heater gate valves (on the engine) and the drip stopped.

Glad I noticed, because a drip that low down on the system could drain it.

It isn't the bleeder valve leaking, it is the flexible plastic tube that runs to the valve. The tube runs across the shelf where the engine batteries sit, inside the louvered access door.

My question is, where does the tube go to meet up with mainstream of chassis heat? I can follow it from bleeder valve to the point where it runs under the battery tray. There's wetness there so the repair will be further upstream. I'd like to replace the entire length of tube, if I knew where to look for the other end. Anyone been there, done that?

Thanks WOG!
Full-time in 2019
Old 08-31-2019

On our sp36 that bleeder goes to the high point on the engine and is used for bleeding air when you initally fill the cooling system. Ours ties in at or right behind the air compressor, obviously in the coolant jacket. I would assume it would do the same on your sp. The coolant air purge for the heating loop is in front of the coach and is accessed by removing the front panel, it bleeds air from the high point at the dash heater core.

Last edited by Kb1jkn; 08-31-2019 at 04:46 AM.
Old 09-02-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb1jkn View Post
On our sp36 that bleeder goes to the high point on the engine and is used for bleeding air when you initally fill the cooling system. Ours ties in at or right behind the air compressor, obviously in the coolant jacket. I would assume it would do the same on your sp. The coolant air purge for the heating loop is in front of the coach and is accessed by removing the front panel, it bleeds air from the high point at the dash heater core.

Thanks! I went to top up the rad tank, and coolant began dripping again immediately. Some coincidence that the drip stopped when I closed the heater loop valves. Looks like I'll need to find the leak and plug the line, and then fill coolant before I can drive to get new tubing.
Full-time in 2019