Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 10-14-2019
RV Appraiser

Default Fresh Water Pumps continue to run

I've had to replace the fresh water pumps already and I believe it was caused by the same problem but not for sure. But now my fresh water pumps want to run continuously when we leave the water pump switch on. Is there a relay or something that may be sticking? I have two tanks and the pumps are plumbed in parallel and want to run all the time unless we turn off a pump switch. This was never required before. If there is a relay, which one & where might I find it to replace? Thanks
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 10-14-2019

Hi John-
Do both run all the time? Or just one?
Do you have a pressure gauge you can install? - that's where I'd start. If not, one can be purchased from home depot or amazon for $10 or $15.

Check if they build enough pressure to turn off the pumps.
No external leaks, right?
Are you losing water without opening any taps?

You can have an internal leak, like at the fill sporlan valve which would cause that problem and bleed pressure back to the tanks.
Or maybe the pump pressure switch doesn't work? (It'd be odd to have two fail, though, assuming they each have one on board).
They should shut off around 60 psi.

Hope that might help.

Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 10-14-2019

John, I found on mine that if the water fill switch is on my pumps will continue to run. Maybe your water fill valve is on or stuck open.
I found it by accident when I went to fill the tank and the pumps were still turned on.
Had 81 FC35
937-407-0079
Old 10-14-2019

John, mine has done that maybe twice over 9 years. Mine has spade connector on it were wire hooks up . I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it worked. Don’t those pumps have an adjustable built in pressure regulator? I thought they did, setscrew on the end. Might try adjusting it lower, maybe pump getting weak. Good luck.
F110660