Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 12-07-2009

David,

You should have seen all that went on at the auction. Cutting rolling chassis in two, parts galore being hauled out to the dumpsters. These units are just the remnants of better days gone by. Organ donors, for those in need of whats left. I guess I didn't do a very good job in cheering you up.
Old 12-07-2009
95 WB 42

All
One of the Wanderlodge shells sold for $18500.oo it does have the 600hp motor the other sold for $17500.oo the one shown on e-bay is the #2 shell it sold for $17500.oo it also had the 600hp motor.
All the transit buses had Cat or the 450hp motors.
Do not see pics of 1st coach just some of the transit shells which sold for $13500.oo for the first shell and down until the last one sold for $1000.oo
it was a frame and front wheels/tires and suspension only.
There was a "completed" transit shell that sold for somewhere in the $60000.oo range it was listed as complete still needed some detail work.

1995 WB 42 Series 60
Perry Georgia
770-548-1441 cell
Old 12-08-2009
FOX

By looking at the pictures on Ebay, obviously one or more are Wanderlodge shells but it appears most are interstate highway buses. They would be a good buy if someone needed a drive train and I suspect the price would be negotiable.

]
2003 LXI dble. slide
SERIES 60
Alaska & Mexico
Old 12-08-2009
Geek

I would love to have a Cummins 600HP ISX in a WB40!

Definitely have to extend the rear, though.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wimberley View Post
All
One of the Wanderlodge shells sold for $18500.oo it does have the 600hp motor the other sold for $17500.oo the one shown on e-bay is the #2 shell it sold for $17500.oo it also had the 600hp motor.
All the transit buses had Cat or the 450hp motors.
Do not see pics of 1st coach just some of the transit shells which sold for $13500.oo for the first shell and down until the last one sold for $1000.oo
it was a frame and front wheels/tires and suspension only.
There was a "completed" transit shell that sold for somewhere in the $60000.oo range it was listed as complete still needed some detail work.

Interesting info here.... There were actually 3 Wonderlodges on the line when Coachworks shut down, but those wonderlodges were pretty much just a chassis with steel ribs, except 1, which had the slides already installed.... but for the most part, it was just a frame with the engine bolted in... nothing even wired up yet, and nowhere close to as complete as the "Express" version that I bought.

The Express Coach that you mentioned as completed, but needing detail work might have been the one I have, because the other 2 didnt have any engines or tansmissions. Pic below.

The coach below is actually the "second" Bluebird that I bought. Got it cheap!! And will keep it for parts, it does have the Thermo King AC unit on top (worth $8000), Radiator and turbo cooler (worth $5000) plus all the drive axels, brakes, steering system up to the steering wheel, all the wiring, Alcoa rims with new Mich tires, windshields and alot of other valuable parts. If I had the time and money, I would probably finish building it....but I got my hands full with the more completed one already.

Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 10-11-2010
95 WB 42

David

The transit coach was completed,the detail stuff was like door hardware
and clean up only.It was road ready. The Wanderlodges were shells without slides installed, but were ready for them.
To the best of my knowledge there was only 2 Wanderlodges thats all I saw at the auction maybe some of the other auction attendees will help refresh my failing memory.

1995 WB 42 Series 60
Perry Georgia
770-548-1441 cell

Last edited by Ed Wimberley; 10-11-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-11-2010

Quote:
David

The transit coach was completed,the detail stuff was like door hardware
and clean up only.It was road ready. The Wanderlodges were shells without slides installed, but were ready for them.

Oh ok, so there must have been 1 more that I didnt know about... Any pic's of it anywhere?
I have never seen a pic of a completely finished "Express" version. Where can I find a pic?
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 10-11-2010
95 WB 42

David
I'll bet Carol Dupree has pics,she took pics of everything.
If not her maybe Wanda Redden she did also.
Most of us guys there were to busy digging in the goodies
to take pics,

1995 WB 42 Series 60
Perry Georgia
770-548-1441 cell
Old 10-11-2010

Quote:
David
to take pics,

Ed, I just rememebered something.... 2 weeks ago when I was in the shop with my Coach in MO, The 2 Wanderlodge's were in the shop. I walked through both and was checking them out trying to see if there were differences between them and my "Express", but thinking back about it....I know for sure there were 3 Wanderlodges. Because one of them was stirpped for its drive train, and the rest of the body was chopped up for scrap metal, and I saw the drive train being installed into an OLD Silver Eagle coach. Some MAJOR fabrication was going on to make it fit. This included the entire rear end, including the axles, wheels..... everything!! That is going to be a cool, modern updated coach.

The other Wanderlodge that was previously seen on Ebay, is the one sitting beside mine (in pic below). This wonderlodge now has a Silver Eagle face/nose clip installed, and they are currently installing a REAR section of the Silver eagle on the back. The owner hates the look of the Bluebird, and is a HUGE Silver Eagle fan, so he took the front and back of his eagle off, and inserted a 2009 Wanderlodge in between LOL
It's unbelievable!! I'll get some pic's of it when I go back down there.

The 3rd Wanderlodge was pulled out of the shop by a tractor to make room for mine, and has already been stripped of the engine and drive train. I got the leveling jacks off it, and the 4 Duo Therm Air conditioners and the Radiator and fan assembly. It looks like this 3rd Wanderlodge is going to turn into scrap metal shortly...the owner gave up on the idea of bringing to life.

Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 10-11-2010
Forum owner

Quote:
David
to take pics,
Carol didnt take pics of the sale busses.
Too depressing,Carol and I had been in the factory many times before the sale..

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com