Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 12-14-2009

Tom
I sold my last bus by holding the note. It was a good deal for both of us. You may find someone who would like a steady payment for 5 or so years. In my case I sold a Prevost for 125k took a 25k down payment and the ballance over 5 yrs. In fact the new owner called me last month to tell me hes down to 3 payments. Just a thought Good luck

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 12-14-2009

HI Tom,

Welcome on board this is a great site for info on BB and lot of other info. Send photos once you get the financing in place and the new coach bought.

Denny
727 631 3844

1980 FC 33' SB
Old 12-14-2009

Dan,
Thanks for your post. I have been doing business with USAA for over thirty years and didn't realize that they now write RV loans. I called them today and got approval to refinance my coach in less than a day. Rate was over 1% less than BoA. Not a huge savings but it adds up when there are no closing costs. I highly recommend them.
"Always Something"
Old 12-14-2009

My pleasure. USAA has treated me right on 2 coaches in a row, and banking/insurance as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Eagle View Post
Dan,
Thanks for your post. I have been doing business with USAA for over thirty years and didn't realize that they now write RV loans. I called them today and got approval to refinance my coach in less than a day. Rate was over 1% less than BoA. Not a huge savings but it adds up when there are no closing costs. I highly recommend them.
Old 12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC7880 View Post
USAA has treated me right on 2 coaches in a row, and banking/insurance as well.
I agree wholeheartedly. USAA has done right by me for insurance and banking for almost 30 years. (I know this is off topic, but I gotta give this excellent company credit where I can.)
Old 12-16-2009

I also financed two birds with USAA, but they said they were not insuring them anymore.
They recommended Progressive, which turned out to be less expensive than USAA was, with the same coverage.
Old 01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake View Post
I also financed two birds with USAA, but they said they were not insuring them anymore.
They recommended Progressive, which turned out to be less expensive than USAA was, with the same coverage.
I just added my new 1987 FC35 to my existing USAA policy without a qualm. The agent didn't balk or ahem or anything. I was expecting to have to remind her what a good customer I am and yadda yadda, but she took the info and wrote the policy as if they do it everyday.

She did say that there is a different program for fulltimers. Maybe that is where you and I got different responses ???

(FWIW, six months of liability and comprehensive coverage with a $1000 deductible cost $307.89, which is shockingly reasonable in my estimation.)
Old 01-25-2010

I bet they(USAA) changed their policy(back to insuring RV's) after people started moving all their insurance.
Plus, that is a very reasonable price.
Old 01-28-2010

USAA is not doing RV insurance under the USAA nameplate. However, they are acting as the agent for Progressive as USAA General. The advantage to us the USAA members is that USAA will act on our behalf if we have problems with Progressive.

USAA writes many insurance policies directly, but not on RVs. I just did a quote with them, and will likely switch to them. I am a fulltimer, they are competive with Poliseek (used to be AON) who were the agent for my current National Interstate coverage. Several fulltimers on Escapees forums had bad experiences with Poliseek/National over the last year - so I want a agent who will actually assist if I ever file a claim.

The USAA General agent/Progressive insurance can cover full timers and also part timers.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/...nce_motor_home

"Insurers with (USAA) General Agency are carefully evaluated to meet the USAA level of service and must continually meet our standards."

My car insurance, banking, Bird loan, and more are already with USAA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmi View Post
I just added my new 1987 FC35 to my existing USAA policy without a qualm. The agent didn't balk or ahem or anything. I was expecting to have to remind her what a good customer I am and yadda yadda, but she took the info and wrote the policy as if they do it everyday.

She did say that there is a different program for fulltimers. Maybe that is where you and I got different responses ???

(FWIW, six months of liability and comprehensive coverage with a $1000 deductible cost $307.89, which is shockingly reasonable in my estimation.)
Old 02-05-2016

"RISE OLD POST - RISE"
I just wanted to add that since 2010 it appears that USAA has changed policy. I'm a 29 year customer with them and they just pulled the rug out from under me after approving up to $58,280 and an offer to approve more with an appraisal.

So I got a certified appraisal for $67,500 and then USAA refuses to accept it or honor the previous offer of $58,280 and goes to NADA of $37,500. So back to digging trenches to save some more cash to cover the gap. At least loan payments will be really low.

If anyone has any sage advice, I'm open to suggestions.
1994 Wide Body #106048 "Going Galt"
bruce.griffin67@gmail.com
334-350-8564
Blue Bird Map