Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 01-09-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default Why do I read about so many problems with 'Birds here on the WOG forum?

Why do I read about so many problems with 'Birds here on the WOG forum?

One of the things that I want to point out to the membership is we hardly ever see a post that states that there are NO PROBLEMS, we see THE PROBLEMS, that is what the forum is here for. Keep in mind we have 1,433 Members, of which 549 are Active Members meaning that in the past 30 days they have actually visited the Forum on the Internet site to either read, or post and I haven't taken the time to see just how many are only reading the forums threads and Posts only by email, so the percentage of 'Bird owners that are telling us about problems is minimal in comparison to the membership count of which approximately 98% are 'Bird owners and in that case HAPPY "BIRD OWNERS, with no problems or minimal problems that they don't need help with fixing.

So if you are looking for a 'Bird to purchase, don't let a list of problems scare you away from a given 'Bird, just be sure to bring any questions that you may have about that 'Bird to the forum for discussion, it may just be the one that you will end up buying, that's what I did and while I won't say that I don't or never have problems, I expect to have problems with a 28 year old vehicle of any make or model, but over all I am a very content and happy 'Bird owner who enjoys using my 'Bird on a daily basis.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 01-09-2010

John, I am a member of many rv forums. It appears to me, that all coaches have their degree of problems. individuals considering a Bluebird should note that these machines are not the cookie cutter variety that we see going down the road and at campgrounds. Each one of them, in their infancy were, to my knowledge, a custom specified coach.
I for one, am very happy to have a coach that was designed by the original owner, and I can use this machine to reach its 400,000 mile.
Ernie- close to that mileage- and loaded up - ready to go anywhere.
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 01-09-2010

Well said guys. I own several older Mercedes, and belong to forums for that as well too. I often get people asking the same questions. First response I give is - well, we are talking about 20-25 year old cars first of all. Show me the equivalent American car, where is it? Not being used as a daily driver! So, you will have issues with a car that old. Second, instead of taking it to the dealer, you try and fix it yourself, and come to the forums to do so. Same thing with Birds, or anything that old for that matter. Even a 25-30 year old needs maintenance, especially if things haven't been done, there's going to be lots more problems to solve than not.
VB 1570
Old 01-09-2010
Gardner

A forum is often a place to ask questions and gain knowledge about a particular subject. In the case of the WOG, it covers all wanderlodge models and years. The issue of why are most of the posts about problems is the result of many members not realizing that their input is appreciated weather it is problem related or just to tell a story or say hi. John has a site with the complete transformation of his coach from a corporate sales tool to a full time motor home. Perhaps more of these stories need to be posted somehow.

Blogs are another way to communicate the daily experiences of Wanderlodge owners. Is there a way to add hooks to the blogs of any of the members so other members can vicariously enjoy their experiences?

I have been enjoying the various posts on the individual adventures of the members heading for Quartzite. It is like a "Lord of the Rings" adventure as some experience clear sailing and others are besieged by freezing temperatures and mechanical failures. Watch out for the Orks, I hear they drive SOB's
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 01-09-2010
Forum owner

we camped with a new H345 prevost last nite,A liberty conversion.
6 months old and hes heading back to the dealer to get stuff fixed,3 pages of stuff.
Not bad for over a million bucks!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-09-2010
Gardner

Randy,
Perhaps that's the diference. The Prevost owner has a list for someone else, the Bird owner often has a list for himself.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 01-10-2010

I had a flat tire on the right rear of my 2001 GMC Jimmy Toad today. Bus is doing fine.

JC
(In Naples, FL)
Old 01-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcyeaw View Post
Randy,
Perhaps that's the diference. The Prevost owner has a list for someone else, the Bird owner often has a list for himself.
That can work both ways. I know Prevost owners who do all their own work within limitations, and I know Blue Bird owners who pay to have everything done. I'm one of those who do what I can ...always willing to jump in and get dirty but, I know my limitations...A mans got to know his limitations.

The various forum's are a great place for anyone to learn, be it any topic, you name it. Who would have thought 50 years ago we'd be able to do this. technology certainly has come a long... long way.

I never down SOB owners... I was one for many years, nor do I down anyone riding less than a Harley Davidson. We're all doing what we like, Motor Homes, riding motorcycles or what ever, at what we can afford, or what we believe in. Its all good. I do feel safer in a Bird no doubt about it.
Old 01-10-2010

ANY VEHICLE... That has a problem ... See how fast you can get answers to your problems... You will not find any group of people more willing and able to give you solutions as fast as this group! And for FREE... and with a SMILE and a willingness to go out of there way (at there own expense) to help. I'm just a wannabe... and the support I see from this group is the reason why I'm on this site religiously. Who else follows up on stranded "brothers" as much as this group?
Old 01-10-2010
Timberlake Products Group

Unfortunately rust does not descriminate...

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup