Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 01-10-2010

If we are trying to keep rain out of the late model vertical exhaust stacks, instead of a 90 degree elbow, a possible alternative would be to run a rain cap like the 18 wheelers do:

Image links:

http://www.alibaba.com/product/us101..._Rain_Cap.html

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.supertruckusa.com/Assets/Images/54896/54896-md.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.supertruckusa.com/products/77620_965.htm&usg=__26Mdd9DCMm7mXwYbDOcZKkeAPF0=&h =225&w=300&sz=8&hl=en&start=5&tbnid=xe6liEcaIhUEaM :&tbnh=87&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3DDiesel%2Btruck%2Bexhaust%2Bstack%2Bra in%2Bcap%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den

Just a thought........
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 01-10-2010

Some of already have that special equipment!

Old 01-10-2010
Forum owner

i would sharpen the bottom edge of that "bird" so it would cut any low wires or vines..

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by markusfmeyer View Post
Well said guys. I own several older Mercedes, and belong to forums for that as well too. I often get people asking the same questions. First response I give is - well, we are talking about 20-25 year old cars first of all. Show me the equivalent American car, where is it? Not being used as a daily driver! So, you will have issues with a car that old. Second, instead of taking it to the dealer, you try and fix it yourself, and come to the forums to do so. Same thing with Birds, or anything that old for that matter. Even a 25-30 year old needs maintenance, especially if things haven't been done, there's going to be lots more problems to solve than not.
Yes, I know that well, my 26 yo wife requires lots of maintanance....
Old 02-10-2013
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandc3 View Post
Yes, I know that well, my 26 yo wife requires lots of maintanance....
Are you bragging or complaining?
Just wondering!!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-10-2013

I had one or two of those. Knowing what I know now it would be a complaint from me.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 02-11-2013

Not here, my bird rocks. Just went 800 miles in last 2 weeks picked up a classic car in the ice and snow got it home, Then took a bath and went to the ocean. We have never had a problem, on the road in 30k mile's..ita a machine
82 FC 33 250 left me for another
Sumner Wa.
Old 02-11-2013
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
we camped with a new H345 prevost last nite,A liberty conversion.
6 months old and hes heading back to the dealer to get stuff fixed,3 pages of stuff.
Not bad for over a million bucks!
I've heard Liberty is a **** good convertor. I think all coaches would have fix lists but three pages seems a little much. I know we won't hear back but it sure would have been informative. I wish them luck
Old 02-11-2013

ya some poeple just ask to mutch
82 FC 33 250 left me for another
Sumner Wa.
Old 02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Davis View Post
I haven't seen any brand of new MH's (I'm sure including BBs as well, although I have never owned a new one) that didn't have a multitude of problems. I think its a given that MH manufacturers (probably BB included) have always used their customers as the quality control department. The difference it that the repairs are covered on the new ones under warranty so people don't mind as much. (If they are still in business), If they have never had a new one they still get irritated about the problems. if they've had new ones before, they should have known.

I couldn't afford a new one but figured the price of a "previously owned one" was so much lower (like anything that depreciates a lot) that I could afford to do any needed repairs I found that I couldn't do myself. And that's pretty much the way it's worked out. I have had a couple of doozy's but still feel I have done OK.

I too bought my Bluebird (I know, I know, BMC ) for strength and safety. Still happy with it and it will probably end up being the first and last I ever own unless I hit the Lottery. (Although Jacque says that won't happen unless I eventually break down and buy a ticket).
As mechanical devices they are all going to break sometime.....the only time our 93 left us set was when I failed to properly take care of maintenance such as replacing the Racor before it clogged or the time I parked on an incline at the Kansas City Cabelas with a low fuel level Our current coach had an idler pulley for the radiator fan drive freeze up just South of Monteagle last December on our way to Florida. Sooooo there we sat beside interstate 24 for 6 hours until Prevost Nashville provided us with the correct part which was then a 5 minute fix. All of the breakdown experiences are good for us as they help us learn but they also become part of our family lore Like the time we were coming around the belt line in Madison Wisconsin in an old 79 class C, driving rain, noticed the drivers side wiper was acting funny, rolled down the window and was able to grab the wiper arm as it came flying by. The kids all remember with affection the time our 1984 class A sob "literally!" vapor locked on top of the continental divide West of Denver and we spent an hour playing in a mountain stream there beside the interstate while listening to the occasional irate bicyclist cuss us for parking on the bike path as they whizzed by. Or the time in our 1990 under powered class A Overland after crawling our way up Route 50 in southern Colorado we came to the top of Monarch Pass and I let off the pedal in preparation for descending the other side, noticed we weren't slowing down, had no choice but to slam on the brakes and turn the key off on a hot engine. After investigating I found the throttle cable had melted due to the elevated temperatures in the engine compartment from 10 miles of our 30 mph climb to the top of the world leaving the throttle stuck at wide open! Oh well such is life and I wouldn't trade it for anything!
93 WLWB "Sold"