Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 01-21-2010

Default coolant/heater hose

Wondering if anybody has a diagram of the heater hoses on the mid 80's PT's. I have tracked most of them down, and have a few direct questions:

Hot water comes from the drivers side head into a "loop" along the left rear corner of the coach where it can divert to the hot water heater. After that it goes into one of two sporan valves, one sending the hot water into the coach (heaters?) and the other returning it to the engine. These 2 vavles are controled by the winter/summer switch on the dash, and it appears that one of the valves is hot all the time, which would be a steady drain on the battery?

There is a valve or pump assembly mounted on the back of the engine compartment close to the tag wheel on the driver side. I can not find any switch that controls this, or turns on the pump. I'm thinking it might have something to do with drivers heat??

There is one heater hose that leaves the pass side head, and had down the frame near the engine starter, it then makes a "U" an heads back torwards the left rear of the coach. I'm wondering if this is evidence of some modification, even though it looks original??

A diagram of the original engine heated water would be great.

Thanks!!
Old 01-21-2010

Adam,
According to my schematic, as you have figured, the line from one side of the engine goes to the water heater and the house (2 or 3?) heaters. The line from the other side goes to the dash heater which is rated quite high, BTU wise. However, I do not get much heat out of mine.
Old 01-21-2010
Timberlake Products Group

Adam, look forward to seeing you at Flywheelers in February!

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup
Old 01-21-2010

Whoops, forgot the switch. On mine it says "Front Heat" and it controls both
the solenoid vavle and the pump.
Old 01-21-2010
Gardner

Adam,
You are correct about one of the Sporlan valves being active all the time. It is normaly, however, (on my FC) only energized when the ignition is on.

I installed an coolant heater for use when the ignition is off and had to energize the circuit so there is always a drain from the valve, and from the Aux pump as well. I have been searching for a mortorized 3 way valve that would switch the plumbing one way or the other and then not draw current, but everyting I have found is $400 or more dollars per valve.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 01-21-2010

Ryan, I don't know if we will be at the flywheelers or not, I realized I have a business meeting for one of the car clubs I'm in, so I have to be in Vegas that same week. I also did some checking withe the flywheel club, and they did'nt seem to have much interest in us bringing antique cars over, even telling me they though they could just be in the way. We still might come over just for one night or something, but they are certainly not as flexible as the old Zolpho Springs show.

My winter/summer valves seem to be energized whenever the master disconnect is not turned off, which I don't really like. I have GREAT engine heat both with the chassis house heaters, and the chassis dash heat, but no switch turns on the pump that is close to the tag wheel. I would also love to find out if anyone else has that crazy "U" coolant path under the 8V92 starter??
Old 02-09-2010

So nobody has a good diagram of the hot water system??? Do others have that valve along the fire wall behind the left tag tire? What does it do? Everything seems to work on my coach, but nothing seems to turn this pump looking thing on?
Old 02-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvoekars View Post
So nobody has a good diagram of the hot water system??? Do others have that valve along the fire wall behind the left tag tire? What does it do? Everything seems to work on my coach, but nothing seems to turn this pump looking thing on?
Adam, I'm thinking the aux pump switch, turns that pump on? I never verified it though!
Westchester Sandblast