Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-12-2010

Default Rear Slide Won't Go Out

The rear slide won't go out. All the lights are lit just as they should be including the "in" "out" buttons; yes the accessory switch is on and lit at the panel.

I wonder if the circuit board or soft ware program are the issue?

Any suggestions where to trouble shoot?

Thanks,

Dennis
Old 06-12-2010

Default Rear Slide won't go Out

Dennis:

Along the track under the bed there are some magnetic sensors. One of those could have vibrated loose and moved. That is where I would start to trouble shoot.

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 06-12-2010

Default rear slide

I know john anderson at Parliament Coach has come up with a fix to get around the control board. As I understand the board is not available. If its not the sensors you should give him a call he will work with you over the phone.
Old 06-12-2010

Thanks Marv and Doug. I think it was about a year ago my tech checked with Johnny when I had a similar problem and Johnny put him in touch with the company that manufactures the Board and another company that produces the software which you have to purchase and load into a lap top to program the Board. My tech managed to get the room working and up until now I did not have a problem. That said I will definitely call Johnny because I do want to eliminate the Board. I enjoy the benefits of high technology, but am a proponet of the KIS approach, keep it simple. I have been wanting to eliminate the Board and its programing, this may be my opportunity. Thousands of dollars to move a room 16 inches is not simple. A small electric motor and a worm gear is simple enough.

I'll let this Group know how it turns out; likely however it will be several weeks.

Keep any ideas coming.

Thanks,

Dennis
Old 06-12-2010

I've had a similar issue on rare occasions. I have been able to "reset" the system by throwing the coach master switch off for a few seconds and then back on again. I've primarily had the problem with the front slide but I believe it occured with the rear slide as well.

J.L. Haney
2004 M380 D/S
Tag axle? We don't need no stinkin tag axle!
Auction Consulting Experts, LLC
Acebid.com
Lakeland, FL
Old 06-13-2010

Dennis,

I'm assuming you have tried rebooting the computer. All you have to do is unplug the inverter or hit the test button on the GFI it is pluged into. Plug it back in and the computer will boot up. You have to have a "Run" light on both computers or it will never work. This is the very 1st thing to try and check. The computers have been known to go south all the time do to heat.
lloyd.chaffin@att.net
Old 06-13-2010

Thanks J.L and Lloyd, I will try both of these suggestions.

Lloyd can you walk me through finding the computers - I know of their existence, but no where they are located. Where will the red "run" lights be?

Thanks,

Dennis
Old 06-13-2010

Tried both of your suggestions and no change. The computers one labeled "Housekeeping" and the other "Rear Slide" both had the run lights lit.

Is it normal to have both the "In" button and the "Out" buttons on the bed room slide panel both lit at the same time; mine are and I can not remember if this is normal or not.

For the record should anyone in the future use this thread to try and solve their own similar problem, the computers are located in the next bay toward the front of the coach from the bay with the holding tank dump valves. They are mounted behind a black cover toward the top inside of the bay. The electrical outlet with a GFI is mounted on the ceiling of the bay right in front. I pulled the plug as suggested waited until the computers shut down and re-plugged. They both booted up and both had the little green "run" lights lit.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I believe the "service" switch located at the computers is used to service the rear slide seal. My question is can I switch this to "service on" and hand push the rear slide if it should ever get stuck in the out position?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Dennis
Old 06-14-2010

Both in & out lights are on all the time. You can not push the rear slide in or out because it works with a jack screw and you can't make it turn by pushing room. There is too much resistance. The service switch is used to make the room move in 4 inches past it's normal stop position to expose the seal. I think it also forces the seal to deflate and ignores the seal deflated sensor when you flip the switch.

I guess you remember that you have to hold the out button pressed for about 8 to 10 seconds before the room will start to move. There is a built in delay which gives the seal time to deflate fully. Speaking of which....when you press out button you can hear the seal deflate and the "seal inflated" light should turn off. Does this happen? After the seal deflates and the delay then you should hear the lock mechanism unlock. The "room locked" light will turn off then immediately the room should start to move out.

Are sure the the room is all the way in right now and flush with the coach on the outside? You need to look at what I said above and let me know what is or is not happening then we can go from there. There are some lights on the motor driver boards above the computers you can watch while someone else presses the out button and they will help diagnose what is or is not happening. Since both your run lights are on the computers and software is probably not your problem.
lloyd.chaffin@att.net
Old 06-14-2010

Thanks Lloyd. After I wrote the question about the service switch I remembered about the screw jack. Yes I also remembered about the delay. Last year when my lock motor broke I ordered a new one had it installed but did not hook it up - Johnny Anderson said it was not needed - that BB only put it in the system because the code required it, but the jack screw would hold the room. The result is that my delay is a few seconds less as the unlock/lock does not have to take place. I did not do this to save a few seconds, but to eliminate one more Rube Goldberg link; read simplify; one less thing to go wrong.

If I had engineered this room I would have put in a low tech back up system using a system like the Girard Awning - if it doesn't go in you can crank it in - or crank it out. How hard would that be with a gear link located in the bay below. When I take the bed apart I will look to see if this can be done without too much trouble. After all moving 16 inches should not need a lot of high tech.

Since we are on a vacation I am not going to take the bed apart now - fortunately the room is still usable just not as easily. When I get home I will take it apart if necessary. I really appreciate your help. I would like to diagnose as much as I can so I will take you suggestions and follow through - I'll ask my wife to press the bottons while I observe the computer and let you know.

I am also going to call Johnny for any of his suggestions.

I'll get back to you.

Thanks,

Dennis