Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tool Tips

Tool Tips Here you will finds tips on using old tools, as well as the latest in new tools that you can use on your 'Bird's projects.

Site Search:

Old 07-19-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Thumbs up Wireless Inspection Camera with 2.4" Color LCD Monitor

The other day I had a water leak coming from the water heaters Hi Temp / Hi Pressure Overflow Valve and I couldn't remember where exactly the location of this valve was at, so when I pulled the vent covers off to repaint them, I tried reaching in there to see if I could locate it after viewing some of my pictures from the installation of the new water heater, but I managed to only get my arm up against the hot water outlet and decided that wasn't a good idea.

I had purchased one of these cameras from Horrible Freight last year when they were on sale and it had been sitting in the cabinets in the trailer unopened ever since, so I decided that this was a good test for it and to my surprise when I opened the package the monitors built in rechargeable battery was still fully charged and all I had to do was install the supplied batteries into the camera's handle, attach the monitor to the handle and then bend the neck so that it would fit around the water heater turn the thing on and the led lights at the end of the neck lit up the area sufficiently so that I could see what was in there.

After some maneuvering and getting used to the distance that the camera could view clearly I found the valves handle, now all I had to do was turn the water heater off and the following day I turned on my shore water supply for 60# of water pressure from my well and open the hot water tap until I had cold water coming out then shut it off so I wouldn't burn my arm on the hot water outlet and then I reached in there and located the valve handle right easily since now I knew where it was located, all it took was leaving the valve open for about 30 seconds and then closing it three different times and most likely the little bit of calcium that had built up around the valves seat was gone and now there is no more leak.

The camera is on sale again, it normally sells for $159.99 and is on sale now for $119.99. I can't remember exactly what I paid for it when it was on sale last year but it was less than $100.00 back then and as far as I'm concerned it was a good buy for me. http://www.harborfreight.com/wireless-inspection-camera-with-24-inch-color-lcd-monitor-66550.html

I removed the batteries from the camera's handle and put everything back in the box and placed it back in the trailers cabinets and it should be ready for the next time I need to use it, I just have to remember that it is there.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 07-19-2010
Aspiring BB owner

It is truly an amazing world we live in.
www.SaltySailors.com
www.MangosTaxi.com
www.SaltySailors.com/HeartofGold
Old 07-19-2010

At least it is in John Finn's world. He is a Great Guy.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 07-19-2010

Actually on sale now for $ 89.99 plus shipping
Old 07-19-2010

I bought one when I was working on a coach with a slide. It is a great addition to your tool box
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 07-19-2010
Gardner

I got one a couple of years ago. Just have a dark cloth like the early photographers used. The screen it tough to see when the lighting is bright.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 07-19-2010

That is a very cool toy, I can remember quoting welding jobs that spec'd that a boroscope be on site for the customers use to inspect interior welds. It was a bit more complicated with addon wands that could extend to 20 feet but the cost I remember clearly @ 30k. That is a way COOL tool for under $100. I think I have to have that too nice.
87 PT-40
Old 07-19-2010

That's one of those things that once you get it you may find all manor of applications for it. Which reminds me I have to schedule a colonoscopy.

I'm joking but it did remind me. Got a letter last week to make the call. Something you just have to do. Bet the Doc doesn't use a $89 camera.

Just thinking. A piece of exhaust pipe and a flash light and one of those cameras and a fellow could -----well I'll just make the call.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Ekberg View Post
I bought one when I was working on a coach with a slide. It is a great addition to your tool box
Sure is, beats the heck out of that stick and mirror I've been using!
Old 07-19-2010

another cool thing about this toy-- the monitor does not have to be attached to the trigger to get a picture. Your helper can be outside in the heat and you can be view what he is trying to find from inside. Now, that is a deal
www.ernieekbergflooring.net