Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbucks13477 View Post
Klee I did not realize there are 2 threads on the crash and I just made a post on the other one. I apologize and did not realize you were parked with the park brake on. The answer to the problem has already been given it was the park brakes that did not hold. Am not sure whether the 95 BMC had manual or automatic slack adjusters but in any case you need to check each of them occasionally to make sure they are still working and adjusted correctly. Doesnt matter what the pressure is to the park brakes if they are not adjusted correctly they will not hold. Had it happen to me. Found mine were not working correctly on a trip and pulled into a truck repair facility on a major HW in the south and asked them to adjust the slackd adjiusters. Took a your fellow about 1/2 hour and as I pulled away I stopped to test them. STILL BAD! Went back and the your fellow had gone on a over he road truck call. The supervisor went down in the pit to check them and came back up shaking his head. The young fellow had not even touched them. Supervisor called him up on the mobil phone and told him to come back in he was fired. Supervisor told me his liability would have increased if I had an accident and really hurt someone.
SCARRY
306-850-9950 (cell)
Old 10-03-2012
Campground Owner

I blew a spring brake diaphram, and drove home with the spring tool holding the brake off. (I am not recommending this, and Randy, pls don't yell at me) But, my point is, that I could not tell any difference in braking, with one brake disabled.
www.xcreekrv.com
35°31'08.6"N 83°03'38.8"W
Old 10-03-2012

Wow!!

I'm just now getting caught up with WOG threads (been really tied up with work for a few days) and found this!

I am SO sorry to read about your loss. Thank God you and your wife weren't inside the coach at the time!!

Add me to the list of people who are surprised at the condition of the coach after the accident. I wouldn't have expected the frame separation. I wonder if BB did something different in attaching the body to the Spartan frame versus their methods & procedures for the BB frame & body.

I just told my wife about your loss, and we're both pretty much speechless. I hope that you'll be able to get beyond the incident and get a new coach soon. Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy the next coach for a longer period of time!
Linden, Michigan
Old 10-03-2012
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyclegg View Post
I blew a spring brake diaphram, and drove home with the spring tool holding the brake off. (I am not recommending this, and Randy, pls don't yell at me) But, my point is, that I could not tell any difference in braking, with one brake disabled.

The spring "T" bolt tool just holds the parking brake side of the brake chamber,you still had normal brakes.
Just one wheel parking brakes.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com