Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-22-2019

Just made appointment with JC Refrigerant at Shipshewanna for my fridge. Planning on doing this while at the rally in June. I have dealt with him in the past with good results. They build their own updates for different fridge models in house. He offered to rebuild original absorption 110v/LP gas or put in new 110v only model. I chose the 110 pump style with them taking mine out and putting back in, they do all the work. He claims he will have it done in 2.5 hours. $1395 all in. I will start a new thread with details after the procedure and give updates.
Old 04-23-2019

Looks really nice . Ya'll are gonna enjoy that
318-553-4186
1994 BMC 37' "Sold"
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1986 F150
KE5WCW
Old 04-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmabbott12 View Post
Just made appointment with JC Refrigerant at Shipshewanna for my fridge. Planning on doing this while at the rally in June. I have dealt with him in the past with good results. They build their own updates for different fridge models in house. He offered to rebuild original absorption 110v/LP gas or put in new 110v only model. I chose the 110 pump style with them taking mine out and putting back in, they do all the work. He claims he will have it done in 2.5 hours. $1395 all in. I will start a new thread with details after the procedure and give updates.
Leon at National Refrigeration up there is really good as well. I've used him several times. Excellent work and inexpensive.

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117
Old 04-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Davis View Post
Leon at National Refrigeration up there is really good as well. I've used him several times. Excellent work and inexpensive.
First I want to tell Paul that his update is supurb.

Leon is indeed a good dude. I had him do a deal for me as well and treated me great. For a couple of reasons I choose to use JR Lambright w/JC Refridgerant.

Because of planting delays we are getting it done Friday. I may have to cancel Shipsy Reservations in June. I don't see making it all work. Better luck tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2019

Default Samsung

My experience turned out that it is not a good idea to talk to Leon (I don't kow about the other guy) about household refrigerators. He hates them. Of course, that is not his business, so I can understand that. I was getting some air conditioning work done when we had that very "short" discussion. I did not pursue it

But for us, that Samsung swap out for the Dometic has been one of the best upgrades we ever did.

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117
Old 05-02-2019
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmabbott12 View Post
First I want to tell Paul that his update is supurb.

Leon is indeed a good dude. I had him do a deal for me as well and treated me great. For a couple of reasons I choose to use JR Lambright w/JC Refridgerant.

Because of planting delays we are getting it done Friday. I may have to cancel Shipsy Reservations in June. I don't see making it all work. Better luck tomorrow.
Tim, Do a old man a favor, ask them if they can install the same household with a 12V Danfoss compressor? Several Amish household units run off 12V. We dry camp more then with hookups so a 12V system would be great. Danfoss is the same unit in a NovaKool and it works great, usually custom built & pricey.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_