Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Travel Tips - Fuel Prices

Travel Tips - Fuel Prices Everyone has travel tips. Share and discuss yours here with the rest of the group.

Site Search:

Old 06-18-2019

Guess I've been lucky...no mice, no stink, and with the weather we had (hot & humid), they would have rotted away by now! I used the same stuff in my garage when we got rats, the only corpses I found were outside.
"Retirement Bird" 1997 43WB
"Silver Shadow"1988 PT-40 Concept Coach - Sold!
Old 06-19-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
These are just what I've found on mine and I've been through just about everything:
  • Under the bathroom tub/drain
  • Where the wires pass from the engine compartment up into the passenger/rear corner cabinet in the bedroom
  • In front of the driver's feet where the floor sheet metal meets the swing-out panel with the headlights. I believe this is the prime area as it's easy for critters to climb up into by the massive amount of wires. This is also the draftiest place I found, it's just not sealed up well at all.
  • Under the kitchen sink at the low edge of the wall is where the generator power comes inside to my transfer switch and all the rubber sealant had failed and it left a big hole.
  • Under the fridge where the LP line comes in - this is a great area to come in. They can climb up into the upper cabinets directly from here or go into the bathroom unimpeded.
As Andy has written, I had a mouse problem but found that they were coming up the frame rail on the drivers side.
You can open up the left front and look down to the right and see daylight.
Bought stainless scrubbing pads and can foam.
Put the pads in place and foamed the rail area by the electric wires.
No problem since.
Did buy an ultrasound gizmo to plug in behind the drivers side for extra insurance.
No problems now for 3 years.

you never appreciate what you have until it's gone.
Toilet paper is a good example
Old 06-19-2019

Tub drain on two busses, I have a new spot just found it. On each side of the bud there is a windshield pillar. It runs from the upper front over head compartment all the way down the body with a drain hose on each side. With the bags dump they jump on to hose and head right up to the over head Ben's. Then they have the run of the bus. I check my friends 86 pt on sat same thing. Lay on the ground by the corner of the bumper in line of the mirror and look at the inside curve of the body. It will be a 1" square tub. The let us know if yours is the same.
82 FC 33 250 left me for another
Sumner Wa.
Old 06-19-2019

I use the dryer sheets for ants, but for mice and rats the very best solution I have found is Rat Zapper electronic rat traps. They have NEVER failed me in either my coach or real estate. The only problem is you should check them daily if you know you have a problem and weekly on a preventative basis otherwise the trap will be filled with a dead mouse or rat and not be available to kill the next one. These are not only effective but humane since the critter is instantly killed...I usually toss the bodies out for the birds or insects to eat. There are two kinds on the market (Amazon is a good source), one that uses "D" batteries and one that uses "C" batteries. They both work well, but the batteries in the "C" model last a lot, lot longer so I only buy the "C" model. For bate I throw in half of a Milk Bone type dog biscuit. Again, this has never failed me in many years. I have four of them in my Bays and one on the floor beside the co-pilot seat. Haven't had any for about 18 months, but over the years even while on the road there have been many.