Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 06-20-2019

Quote:
I failed to mention something about this modification. My hat is off to Andy for something very clever that he noodled out about the wiring on this modification. His use of the relay to turn the indicator light out if the unit faults was straightforward, but his jumper on the indicator light in conjunction with the ground interrupt through a NC relay terminal was sheer circuit genius. I just wanted to give him a public kudo for a bit of brilliance that was hidden deep in the details of this modification.
Well thank ya neighbor, I very rarely have an idea in the electrical circuit design world that works, you see being a flange head from the power industry that sparky stuff is not my forte. You may already know this, but you can test your controller and dash indicator light by lifting the lead from the flame detector while the burner is running. The controller should issue an alarm signal, the dash light should go out, the burner should extinguish and shutdown after two minutes. Then your controller protection circuit is working. Glad its all working for you Richard, ours has been working perfectly.

Andy & Jean Harmon
Dakota (our Aussie traveling buddy)
Beverly Hills, FL
1996 WB42 (SOLD)
Old 07-25-2019

Just wanted to report back that the AH diesel burner has been flawless since this modification. That is compared to five years of hit or miss with the old controller.

I am not certain if the Beckett controller was the cure, or the new and improved wiring. Nonetheless, my bride is loving the hot showers.

Thanks again.
99 Newell with DD Series 60
Subaru Outback toad