Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 08-11-2019

John, did you get your AH to fire? What was the problem.

I have the same symptoms, dash light goes on, burner spins, no fire, dash lite goes out, perg completes. I changed the filter and nozzle with new, no change, no fire.

I don't want to hi jack your thread but was wondering if anyone can tell me what I can jump within the AH box to bypass the dash switch. Ill start by checking the Tstats, then fuel return line for fuel flow. I have no pressure gauge or test control box, I pray its a simple fix. My search skills stink, sounds like a hijack, sorry.
Old 08-11-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpig32 View Post
John, did you get your AH to fire? What was the problem.

I have the same symptoms, dash light goes on, burner spins, no fire, dash lite goes out, perg completes. I changed the filter and nozzle with new, no change, no fire.

I don't want to hi jack your thread but was wondering if anyone can tell me what I can jump within the AH box to bypass the dash switch. Ill start by checking the Tstats, then fuel return line for fuel flow. I have no pressure gauge or test control box, I pray its a simple fix. My search skills stink, sounds like a hijack, sorry.

Has your unit ran at all since you installed it after the work was done?
The lable where the wires attach inside the unit will tell you what wire the switch will be.
You can jump it to that terminal.
Also,check your battery voltage,if you have a weak battery it may not fire and run.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-11-2019

Thanks for taking the time Randy,
Yes it ran after the rebuild.

I dodged a bullet this morning, in my case I have a bad DC High Limit Thermostat. Testing indicated no continuity, I jumped across the thermostat, then jumped across the terminals labeled control start + and - and after a bit it fired back up again. I ran it an hr. I did not let it restart, I didn't know if jumping across the bad tstat would cause control unit problems or not. Ill be ordering a t stat asap. Ill also be looing for an alt controller too :-)

John, did you get yours running?
Old 08-11-2019
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Has your unit ran at all since you installed it after the work was done?
The lable where the wires attach inside the unit will tell you what wire the switch will be.
You can jump it to that terminal.
Also,check your battery voltage,if you have a weak battery it may not fire and run.
If you addressing me, after Shipshewana I fired it up for about 3 minutes and since it ran we shut it down, and the boys went home. I did not run it again until I got home, and tried again. That is when it just smoked & sputtered, it was hooked up to shore power. Tried to fire, got smoke & sputtering again, and the dash light went out.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Well Gees John Im sorry to here that. Your problem with no fire dose not sound like mine after all. Mine would blow but no smoke or heat came out. Sounds like Tstats are not your problem at all.

I don't know enough to offer a good opinion, just a bad one and I wouldn't want to send you on a wild goose chase.

Let us know what the problem is once you get yours going please.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
RV Appraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpig32 View Post
Well Gees John Im sorry to here that. Your problem with no fire dose not sound like mine after all. Mine would blow but no smoke or heat came out. Sounds like Tstats are not your problem at all.

I don't know enough to offer a good opinion, just a bad one and I wouldn't want to send you on a wild goose chase.

Let us know what the problem is once you get yours going please.
I'll let you know, I have Darin Hathaway on schedule Friday morning, he's in Elkhart and will come over to Shipshewana to check it out.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_