Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by brhodes View Post
If the battery has been dead as long as you indicate, save yourself the heartache and frustration and just replace it.
Barry is correct.
Now,about that oil pressure switch,have you screwed it into the engine yet?
I have a Nissan forklift that had a leaking oil sender,i got one for a chevy (looked the same) and even though the threads looked right,it would not screw into the engine.
I found one for a honda that did screw in.
something about metric pipe threads...

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Thank you both for the battery input.

RE:sender, yes it's in. The generator has a 45 degree adapter in it because the old sender would have hit the starter...perhaps the threads are different between the chevy and AMC sender, but I made sure to find one that matched the threads as indicated by Nason specifications and threaded it in by hand until such time as the thread sealant induced friction. It's definitely the right thread for my application, YMMV.

Instagram
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revision View Post
Thanks! There was another 3 prong on the shelf too...from a Vega! I went with the AMC because of the lower profile. I think the 3's are more popular because they provide both the light and the shutoff, which is necessary when racing. When I crossed the vega p/n, everything that came up was $30 safety switches from summit and the likes identical to the vega part.

Work on the bus has been slow as I finish out my last commitments at work. I have been trying to DX every night...getting solid reception but no luck reaching out. I think the start battery is still in a bad condition from being left dead for months, and I'm not sure if I should try and refurbish it somehow, or just replace with a new 4D. I did pick up some tinned marine 12/3 to run straight to the battery for radio supply/neg/ground, but will try tonight via a Pyramid Gold Regulated PSU to see if that helps at all.

Anybody have any thoughts on reconditioning a battery vs replacing it?

- r
The oil pressure switch on our 92 Ex-DPS Camaro RS runs both the gauge and has a safety switch to power the fuel pump. Not sure it's price, but it may be an option when everyone runs out of Vega switches. :-)

Yes, replace the thing! Replace it with an AGM battery. There is NO place in the world for a liquid acid battery in a moving vehicle today with so many alternatives.