Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM

Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM Post your questions or comments here about your favorite campground, RV park, rest area, Walmart or Cracker Barrel parking lot where you like to get your shut eye, or WHERE TO STAY AWAY FROM.

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Thumbs up Wanderlodge Factory "THE 'BIRDS NEST"

Shown below is "THE 'BIRDS NEST" entrance at the Wanderlodge factory. THE NEST as it is sometimes referred to, is a campground that is free to use by any Wanderlodge owner, with full hookups including 50 amp service.

http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/24977452

You can use any site that you want to, just make sure that there isn't a reserved or already occupied sign on the site before you park your 'Bird. The clubhouse is located on the upper portion of THE 'BIRDS NEST and it has numerous facilities for your use while staying there. there are also additional spaces directly outside of THE 'BIRDS NEST that you can also use if the regular part is occupied. I prefer to park out there when I have my trailer in tow.

A precautionary note about the ANT PROBLEM at THE NEST, just be aware that there has been an ongoing problem with ants and them getting into your 'Bird, if you don't take effective measures to prevent this from happening, the use of Boric Acid powder or a household cleaner like Comet that contains a similar chemical, around the tires and electrical cords and sewer hose, will sometimes prevent the ants from gaining access to your 'Bird. Sometimes the ants will drop from the trees and gain entrance that way, personally I use the previous items and then I place a bait container of Terro Ant Killer II at strategic points throughout the interior of my 'Bird and this seems to control the ants that get past the outside treatment. The personnel at the factory have been constantly trying to improve on the ant control, but it seems to be an ongoing persistent problem in the Ft. valley area, even to the point where you can't find the items mentioned above at any store in town.

The building in the outside parking area is where you will find the secretary for the service and parts departments and she will help you get in touch with any service or parts personnel that you need, the technical adviser is located in this building too. If you want to take a tour of the factory while you are there contact the secretary and she will direct you to the correct person for the tour.

Here is a GOOGLE MAPS satellite version of directions and information about THE 'BIRDS NEST click on the PUSH PINS and the YELLOW LINE on the map for details. You can expand the photo by using the expansion arrow at the left of the word GOOGLE EARTH near the top. Use the directional and zoom feature at the upper left of the photo to move the map around, or zoom in and out and you can also use the left click and hold down the cursor hand feature to move the map around too.

Check out; http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...10943&t=h&z=17

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Closed Thread