Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-06-2019
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
I pulled it out and you can see it looks to be made from pvc plumbing, there is a standard air valve on top and the port on the bottom that connects into the plumbing. I blew some air into it and there is no bladder. Just seems to be a chamber. I would like to know what it’s for, maybe it can be removed when I put in the pex.
The tank in your picture looks like the accumulator tank that was in my 84 ½ PT-36. It was just a short piece of pipe with two pvc end caps glued on it. No bladder - it just held a pocket of air at the top that got compressed by the water in the bottom so that the water pump didn‘t short cycle.

Don’t know much about BMC plumbing but could the big accumulator in your other picture be for the water heater?
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 04-06-2019

The big accumulator is for the function you described first, there is an Aquahot for the hot water system.
Tonight I read about a lot of 5th wheel people having issues when filling their fwt and it begins to overflow that they create a siphon in the overflow. So after shutting off the water supply the overflow would continue dumping out up to half of the fresh water. It actually can collapse the tank.
This canister is positioned at the highest point of the overflow system near the end. I feel that it breaks the siphon that could be created by topping of the fresh water completely. I’m thinking that the force of the siphon can actually draw the Schrader valve open, which would stop the siphon.
I think that it is original though since it looks like it was in place when the basement paint was applied.
Old 04-07-2019
tintent

I think Leroy nailed it .