Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Travel Tips - Fuel Prices

Travel Tips - Fuel Prices Everyone has travel tips. Share and discuss yours here with the rest of the group.

Site Search:

Old 05-02-2019

Default Pet Poison Hotline

If this is not in the right place,,, please move where it should be. Today our dog got to visit the Vet. FYI The Veterinarian has a sigh on the wall that no one is there at night and beside it is a listing for a Poison Control Hotline. From the sign, I think the Hotline is for pets, or at least can help people that have a problem with there pet, and is a 24-7 service. I may be the last to find out about this service, but if not, thought it was worth posting here. I now have this number in our Wanderlodge, just in case. I HOPE that none of you ever need to use this number, but if so, it is 888-426-4435. I have not tried calling it, just copied it from the sigh on the wall. Don
Old 05-02-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don & Kitty Bartlett View Post
If this is not in the right place,,, please move where it should be. Today our dog got to visit the Vet. FYI The Veterinarian has a sigh on the wall that no one is there at night and beside it is a listing for a Poison Control Hotline. From the sign, I think the Hotline is for pets, or at least can help people that have a problem with there pet, and is a 24-7 service. I may be the last to find out about this service, but if not, thought it was worth posting here. I now have this number in our Wanderlodge, just in case. I HOPE that none of you ever need to use this number, but if so, it is 888-426-4435. I have not tried calling it, just copied it from the sigh on the wall. Don
Thank you that is good to know. I never used or kept poison around the house because of the dog. However, in a "stupid" moment of desperation, I was trying to kill some chipmunks that had been trying to destroy my retaining wall around my last house I owned. So I got some and shoved it deep down into the hole. I figured Squirt would not get to it, because she was not a "digger". So I came home from work one day and there was a pink foam puke all over my kitchen floor, near the door to the rear deck. I could tell she was distressed and I went into a panic. I put her into the car and took her to the Emergency Vet in Fort Wayne. They pumped her stomach and put her on vitamin K IV overnight. They were able to get her fixed up but I felt horribly guilty. I went outside along the wall and found the poison bait I had shoved down the hole and it was just lying in the grass. I guess I never thought the chipmunk would shove it out of the hole I thought they would get into it and pull it down to their nest or whatever. Boy was I wrong. I have never had anything poison around the house since, but they also can get sick from eating onions, grapes, chocolate etc. So, you never know.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 05-03-2019
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Thanks Don - I added it to my phone's contact list.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 05-03-2019

Always keep hydrogen peroxide around to induce vomiting, too. This will do more to save them if you catch them doing it than anything else.
Old 05-03-2019

I probably shouldn't retell this story, but why not.

I have had to call the poison hotline on one occasion. One of our dogs, Maggie, came home from the vet with medicine after a recent surgery. The next morning, I had to give Maggie her pill and at the same time I decided to take my allergy medicine. I put both on the counter, got some water, took my pill and went to give Maggie her pill. When I looked on the counter, I was confused to see my allergy pill, because I had just taken it. Yep, I took the dog's pill by mistake. Google didn't really help me so I had to call the poison hotline, who were very professional, although I am sure that they had to mute me to keep me from hearing their laughter. All was good. No serious side affects except for an upset stomach and the desire to chase cars.

Diego