Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 06-28-2019

Default 'New Aquahot'?

The saga continues. I hope to have my new (to me) 40Lx in 2 weeks. That is what the dealer tells me today. Its been 5 weeks I think. As long as I have been on the WOG. Anyway, I go by there to see how its going. They take me back to see the coach. I get to it in the shop just as the aqua hot starts up. Smoke everywhere. This is the second time since I bought it I have seen them working on the aqua hot. The mechanic runs out and is totally frazzled. The sales guy asks if I can see what he is doing. He throws up his hands and says oh no, no no no. He reeks of diesel. I catch a glimpse of what I think was the old unit on the ground (see pic). They have the air bags and they are going on at the same time with a second mechanic. The new brake spring cans boxes are stacked up by the bus waiting. I have had them blow on a truck once and don't want that to every happen to me in this coach. I have no idea how bad the originals are. Since the air bags are toast, I asked them to replace all the cans (my dime). I can see the hoses and they are okay. I hope they tell me what they did to get the aqua hot working, Looks like they are using old parts from the one on the ground?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aquahot.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	62729  
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 06-29-2019

what was the matter with the original?
have they worked on an aqua hot before?
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 06-29-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Ekberg View Post
what was the matter with the original?
have they worked on an aqua hot before?
I would think so. This is one of the largest mega dealers in SWFL. I have learned a lot myself. The sales guy blew it off when it smoked. He said ‘they all do that’. I know better. Considering everything, I get it I’ll put it on my list. One YT video showed one being taken apart (burner) so I get it. Still , I’ll put it on my list when I accept it. I can try if it still needs work.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 07-01-2019

As you already know a smoking Aqua Hot is not normal. Every time my Aqua Hot was smoking a new nozzle solved the issue. Not saying that is your issue, but it has worked for me.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad