Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > RV Products Review

RV Products Review Do you use or know of a RV related product that you would like to give us your opinion of good or bad, just list it here and be as descriptive as possible about it and be sure to tell us where we can purchase it at.

Site Search:

Old 06-12-2010

Default Rats and Mice Solution

To get rid of rats and mice both those you now have and those that might want to make a home in your Bird I highly recommend The Rat Zapper. I have been using this product for many years whenever there was a rat or mouse problem in one of my properties and it has been 100% effective. Homeowners have come to me and said I have tried everything from snap traps, to glue traps to poison and nothing works. I would loan them a Rat Zapper and the next morning they would return to tell me of their sucess. The Rat Zapper electricutes the rodent and there is no fluid or mess, just slide the little critter out of the plastic chamber. They are a bit pricy about $45 each, but they work. Be sure and get the latest model that uses infra red triggering and D cell batteries; I think it is called The Rat Zapper Ultra. The old models work but they eat AA batteries big time; just 2 or 3 kills per set of 4. The ones with the D cells claim a 2 year life. Just set it in your coach or coach basement where I now keep one and check it periodically. You can find info and/or purchase at many hardware stores like Ace or at the following links: www.Amazon.com search Rat Zapper or www.ratzapper.com

Happy hunting...

Dennis
Old 06-12-2010

Dennis,

Good tip. I will try this when I put mine in storage for the winter.

Thanks Again
Old 06-13-2010

Mathew,

Be sure and check the Rat Zapper periodically for a dead rat. Although having spent 3 winters in Minot I know you will not have to worry about decomposition of the rat in the winter.

Best,

Dennis