Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHeat View Post
After reviewing this thread I crawled under my coach to check the hydraulic pump bracket bolts and found all to be tight. However, what I did find was the motor mount bracket on the passenger side had only 1 bolt in place and tight. The two upper bolts were completely missing and the lower left bolt was about to fall out. All four bolts on the driver side bracket were present and tight.

The passenger side bracket is a little difficult to access due to the wiring underneath it. In the attached picture you can see the loose bolt (red arrow). The red circles mark the location of the upper bolts, and the red x marks the location of the lower right bolt that was still tight.
OK, fellow BMC owners I just checked my engine mounts as referenced in Marks post above.

The engine mount bolts on the passenger side are a little difficult to see without a good light and moving the wire harnesses. The drivers side is easier to see.

On my BMC, both passenger side, upper mount, bolts were loose. One was hanging by two threads. I spun it off with two turns in my hand. I installed thread locker (Blue) and retorqued all the bolts. The four on the drivers side were all there but I did add half a turn on the torque. I did the same on the lower passenger side bolts. Socket/wrench needed is 18mm.

I would advise all BMC owners to check theirs.

Thanks for the heads up, Mark.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 02-23-2012

I really didn't need more things to add to my list , but I added this one.

I had previously checked the aux. drive bracket bolts and the were completely missing, so I suppose there is a good chance I could have this same issue.
I have to be under there when I do the filter/fluid changes and installing the King Controls / EcoCruise retrofit kit anyways....
Thanks for the heads up !
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio