Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:
View Poll Results: Some are having issues with this thread, help us by answering this poll
Close this thread 4 4.49%
Add a moderator to moderate all posts, before allowing it in this thread or moving it to a new one. 6 6.74%
Leave it as it is. 79 88.76%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Finally got around to replacing the muffler with a straight pipe. Aside from just sounding cool, a test drive seemed to show reduced EGT. The old muffler looks really plugged up and a few big clouds at first makes me think that the straight pipe really opened her up.
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Changed the engine oil and filters. Took 10 gallons including prefilling the filters. Next dirty job a complete lube/grease. Get it all done before the next trip.
Old 1 Week Ago

Installed new valve gate and seal assembly on grey tank. Did black tank last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2965.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	61916   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2966.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	61917   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2964.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	61918  

1993 40 WBSA
22 Grady White
2500 Chevy pu
Chevy Trailblazer
Jeep Wrangler
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4rrx View Post
Finally got around to replacing the muffler with a straight pipe. Aside from just sounding cool, a test drive seemed to show reduced EGT. The old muffler looks really plugged up and a few big clouds at first makes me think that the straight pipe really opened her up.
I found that as well, harder to cross 1000F except when still warming up. Still got to keep an eye on it.
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
1990 SP36 77k
Old 1 Week Ago

Removed malfunctioning Splendide W/D. Difficult to say the least, particularly by myself. Not sure I want another one. I would like to find something smaller, one would think there would be many alternatives. I started hunting for separate smaller units. But I like the closet space, too.

I suspect the washer dryer was installed by Holland or some time later, it was well done but likely not original to the bus from BB, sat on a platform with slightly different carpet, water taps not accessible with W/D in place (remove false wall with WalVac on it to access). I will do a Romex extension and get the socket up higher (currently a two receptacle outlet in a box is wired into icemaker inverter socket) and also relocate the water taps if I put another W/D of the same size in there.
1990 SP36 77k
Old 6 Days Ago

Default Changed dump tank valves

I changed out my dump tank valves today. Recently, I noticed a slow leak coming from the Pipe opening where you connect the dump hose. I had to put a bucket under there to catch whatever. I was also having a hard time pulling the gray valve handle as well. So I decided to replace both of them with the same waste valves (Valterra).

I got a great deal on line - Camping world. I got the complete set for $10.88 a piece. I found out that the Black waste valve had a hard piece of debris lodged in the valley, which was preventing the gate from closing all the way. The change outs were relatively easy to do, so I will be more than happy to assist anyone if they want to change out their waste valves.

However, I used up all my allotted hands-on attempts at the black tank . But, I will be more than happy to instruct and supervise from a short distance

Kent & Pearl Glover
1985 FC-35RB "Wild and Wanderful"
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Email: juballer22@gmail.com
Old 2 Days Ago

I repaired and restrung the original mauve day/night shade for my entry screen door. Obviously, nobody makes a day night shade in this particular color or anything close for that matter.

This has been one of those things where I swore I would fix it when I found all the pieces and parts. This shade had been pitched behind the Splendide for some years and for a while I used it as it was, broken, sort of hackneyed to the screen door as it was better than nothing. When I removed the Splendide, I found the two missing mauve end caps for the brackets and thus bought a fix-your-blind kit on Amazon. After quite a bit of fiddling and the restring job, it is now in and working!

I opted not to make it work on the pull cords but just fasten two spindles down at the bottom which is a better solution IMHO.
1990 SP36 77k