Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 05-05-2010

Default Wide Body Coaches

How wide are "wide body" coaches? It seems that the standard outside width is 102 inches. Any wider than that may be illegal in many states.
Old 05-05-2010
WanderBee

They are 102 inches. They are wide-bodied relative to their predecessors - which were 96 inches.

Wide-body coaches came out in 1988. They were only available in 38 and 40 foot PT-like configurations. And, I don't recall ever seeing anything but a 40 footer after 88 (I think they stopped making the 38 foot option after 88). The FC and SP were still narrow bodied (ie 96 inches) until they were discontinued (FC in 89 and SP in 92). Everything after 92 was 102 inches.
Marietta, GA
Old 05-05-2010

Many thanks. I love this forum. It's amazing how much information is provided by very kind people.

I'm looking forward to being an owner rather than a wannabe.
Old 05-05-2010
WanderBee

You and me both!
Marietta, GA
Old 05-05-2010

I'm getting close to having my 85 PT35 ready for sale. I was going through some of the old paperwork and discovered the previous owner had a rebuilt exchange 6V-92 installed in 2007 at a cost exceeding $23k. It looks like the coach has only driven 17k miles on this engine. Should be good for another 200k. I've ordered new single mattresses to return the bedroom to its original config. We've obtained a third captains chair and dinette table and chairs. When we return from our little 2000 mile jaunt in a couple of weeks, I'll redo the floor and look into why the leveling jacks don't work.

I have only had this coach for just under a year and am so impressed with it, I'll probably look for something a little longer in a year or two.
Old 05-05-2010

Default Wide Body Coaches

Petep:

You too Jonathen, just jump into the fray, forget looking for the perfect coach, there is so much to learn, and you will buy one, and soon have to buy another.

Went for my first drive today in "HER" coach, with a mentor at my side, Randy, that is. Hmmm, I didn't even scare him, well that is what he said anyhow.

These wide body coaches are WIDE. They are a lot heavier than the FC, thus it will take a little time to get used to it. What is nice though, wow, a lot more power.